Chapter 24

Mommy, daddy and I were sitting at the island. I was eating an apple and mommy was drinking a smoothie.

"So when is she going to the facility?" Daddy asked mommy.

Mommy and Aunty Andrea registered me to the mental facility Zariah goes to.

"In two days. I also gave Kyle a call. We've set up a meeting for tomorrow morning."

Daddy nodded. Johnson walked in and I smiled.

"Hi mom, hi dad." Johnson greeted.

They greeted him and he grabbed a banana from the fridge.

"How was jail Dee? I wanted to ask you when you came back but I was drowning in homework." Johnson said and I laughed.

"It wasn't bad, I made a new friend. And it wasn't my fault, Elin put me there."

"Elin put you where?" Elin asked walking in.

"Nothing." I mumbled.

Elin took out an energy drink from the fridge. Elin always breaks the house rules.

"What did I say about keeping that in the house?" Mommy asked her.

"I'm grown mom. I can buy and consume whatever I want to."

Mommy looked at daddy and daddy shook his head.

"Not in my house. You can do all of that in your own home, not here." Mommy said sounding angry.

"Dad said I can." Elin said looking at daddy. She made a face and I think she was telling daddy to say yes.

"I don't ever recall saying that." Daddy said standing.

"I'm going to the store, JJ are you coming?" Daddy asked and Johnson nodded.

"Dee are you coming?"

"No, I want to stay here with mommy."

Daddy kissed mommy's cheek and Johnson came and kissed my cheek. I smiled at him.

"Eww." Elin said looking at us.

"Don't be jeleous." Johnson said walking out with daddy.

"I am starved." Elin said opening the fridge.

"I can make you some pancakes." I said standing up.

"No. What do I look like eating that shit." Elin looked at me in disgust. She always looks at me like that.

"Watch your mouth." Mommy said.

Elin rolled her eyes and took out an egg roll from the fridge.

"I honestly feel like everyone is walking on eggshells around Delilah. I thought you said we all get treated equally Delphia." Elin said taking a bite of the roll.

"Don't you fucking dare. If respect is something you're failing to give, get the fuck out of my house."

"I'm just saying mom. You treat Delilah and Johnson like your kids and you don't give the same treatment to me"

Mommy stood up, "I don't treat you like my child? I'm gonna correct you right there. If I didn't treat you like my child, I wouldn't  care for and about you, I wouldn't give you the love that I do. You are my daughter Elin and Delilah is your sister. I love you both. I don't favour one over the other and you know this."

"But ever since Delilah came back,you've been treating her like a baby." Elin said and she looked at me.

I took a bite of my apple and looked at mommy. Mommy looked like she didn't believe what was coming out of Elin's mouth.

"Because she has age regressed! Why is it so hard for you to understand that but Johnson understands it just fine."

Elin just stared at me silently.

"I want you to sit here and talk to your sister, and I'm not asking you." Mommy said walking out with her smoothie.

Elin sat down next to me and I shifted a little bit away from her. I took a deep breath then looked at her.

"Look I know I've kinda been acting like an asshole but I miss my sister. The person I'd come home to and gossip about my colleagues. The person I'd come to to complain about mom's strictness. I miss our movie marathons we'd have, your stuffy room, you hating school, I just miss all of that. I'm sorry for treating you like shit." Elin said to me.

I just smiled at her because I don't remember doing any of that with her.

"Aunty Andrea said I should go to the facility that Zariah goes to. She said that they will help me." I said.

"Who is Aunty Andrea and who the hell is Zariah?"

"Zariah is my friend from jail and Aunty Andrea is her mom."

Elin laughed. "Don't go around saying you're from jail Dee."

"But I am from jail." I said. How did she forget so quickly.

"No you're not. You made a mistake and you learnt from it. You can't be out here telling everyone your secret." Elin whispered. I nodded then zipped my lips.

"I won't tell anyone my secret." I whispered back to her.

"So do you want to go to the facility?" Elin asked.

I nodded, "I want to be with Zariah."

Mommy walked in with her empty glass. She looked at us then put her glass in the sink.

"Mom I think it's a good idea to send her to the facility." Elin said

"I know. She'll be going in two days." Mommy said.

"I can't wait to be with Zariah." I said smiling.

"The only reason why you're going is to get better Delilah. Friends come and go but your mental health is forever." Mommy said to me. I stopped smiling and she made her way out the kitchen.

"Uh...mom." Elin said.

Mommy stopped then turned around.

"Can I fry the chicken today? We never have fried chicken." Elin asked her.

Mommy just looked at me and Elin. I've never seen mommy eat any junk food. It's always healthy teas, smoothies, vegetables and fruits.

"Make sure you grill mine." Mommy said then walked out.

Me and Elin looked at each other.

"Delilah did I ever tell you that your mom can be such a bitch sometimes."

I actually did remember her saying that. I remember she was taking me to school when she said that.

"She's your mom too."

Elin just looked at me then smiled.

"Please don't remind me." She said, still looking at me.

I smiled at her because I remember us having this conversation.