Chapter 5

I heard a knock on my bedroom door and I froze. I was still shaken up so all my senses were on full alert.

"Lila?" I heard.

It sounded like Elin but I still didn't trust it. These days technology is so advanced and criminals have a way to trick their victims.

I remained silent as I heard my bedroom door open followed by gentle footsteps against my wooden floor.

I slowly backed away from the bathroom door and stood with my back against the wall.

I heard a knock on the door and that made me jump a little.

"W-who is it?" I stuttered.

"It's me, now open the door." Elin said.

"Give me a second." I yelled out.

I knew it was her but there was this little voice in my head saying that it wasn't.

I paced back and forth contemplating if I should open the door or not.

I heard Elin sigh behind the door. "Dude what's taking you so long? Open the damn door!" She yelled.

I heard the frustration in her voice but it was laced with concern too.

I walked over to the door and unlocked it. Elin pushed the door open then looked at me. Her eyes scanned my body from head to toe then scanned the bathroom.

"What were you doing?" She had a mischievous grin on her face.

"Nothing." I dryly said.

I walked out the bathroom and she followed, closing the bathroom door behind her.

"Were you masterbating?" She still had that grin on her face.

"What?! No!"

"Then why did you take so long to open the door and why are you sweating so much?"

I quickly wiped the sweat which started to form on my baby hairs.

"What's masterbating?" We heard.

Our heads snapped to my bedroom door and there stood my little innocent brother.

He slowly walked into my room and made himself comfortable on my bed.

"Is mom and dad home?" I asked.

"Yes we just came in now. Elin, what is masterbating?"

I looked to Elin and shook my head. Elin is a very honest person. If she's asked a question, she'll answer it truthfully despite how old you are.

"Masterbating is when you play with yourself." She simply said.

My eyes widened and looked to my brother. He had a smile on his face.

"That means I masterbate because I play by myself. I don't really have friends at school so I play by myself." He explained.

"That's not what I meant." Elin said.

Johnson had a confused look. I decided to change the topic because we're not about to teach thing young boy what masterbating is.

"Guys I think I was followed home." I said.

They both looked at me. Silence filled the room as we just stared at each other.

"What do you mean you 'think' you were followed home?" Elin questioned.

"Well I don't think, I know. I noticed someone following me when I was making my way back home from school. So I ran here then locked myself in the bathroom." I told.

They looked at each other then back at me.

"Did they come in?" Johnson asked.

"No."

"Okay. Are you gonna tell mom and dad?"

"I think I should. Just to be careful." I said.

They both nodded and I stood up. They remained in my room and I made my way to the kitchen.

My mother was seated at the island with her laptop in front of her.

She looked up at me then back at her laptop.

"Mom."

She stopped what she was doing then gave me her full attention.

"What's up?"

"I need to speak to you about something."

"Okay?"

I took a seat opposite her. "I was followed by someone today. I noticed on my way back from school, someone was following me. So I decided to take a different route home but the person was still following me. So I ran home and locked myself in the bathroom. I don't think I'm safe outside anymore." I explained.

She sat and listened to me attentively. She inhaled deeply, "Lilah, I know you don't like school but making up a story so that you don't have to go to school is child-like behaviour."

"Mom, I'm not making this up."

"Well I think you are." She simply said.

She went back to working on her laptop as I sat there in disbelief. She really thinks I'm making all of this up?

I stood up and made my way back to my room. Elin and Johnson were still there, Elin on her phone and Johnson was reading one of the books I had in my room.

"I told mom and she said I'm making this up."

Elin patted the bed beside her and I sat down. She pulled me into a hug and Johnson joined in.

"If you really don't feel safe, you should take this."

She pulled out a small bottle from the waist of her pants. I took the bottle and it read 'Pepper Spray'.

"Take it. You need it more than I do." She smiled.

I smiled too, "Thank you."

My brother started taking something out of his pants pocket. Elin and I watched him as he pulled out a lollipop.

"It will make you feel better. You need it more than I do." He said, giving me a toothy smile.

I giggled as I took the lollipop from him. "Thank you J."

He nodded his head and went back to what he was doing.

I loved the bond I had with siblings. We always had each other's backs, no matter what. I'd lose myself if I ever lost one of them.