Chapter 10

"Delilah!"

I shot my eyes open seeing Peyton in my face.

I rubbed my eyes as I sat up.

"What's going on?" I groggily asked.

"I thought you were dead. You were barely breathing." Peyton said.

I looked at her in confusion. I was just sleeping. I looked to Ashen and she rolled her eyes.

"Peyton, she was sleeping. Her breathing was shallow and deep. That doesn't mean she wasn't breathing."

"I didn't say that she wasn't breathing, I said that she was barely breathing."

I groaned, "Can y'all stop. This is not the place to do all of that."

"Sorry." Peyton simply said.

My stomach grumbled loudly and Peyton and Ashen looked at me. The other surrounding girls that heard it looked at me and that made me uncomfortable and anxious. In that moment, I just wanted the earth to swallow me whole.

Suddenly there was the familiar sound of latches being opened on the other side of the door. All the girls shifted back, away from the door.

The steel door opened and six men stood before us. Three infront and  Three at the back. Four of them entered the room and all the girls in the front started screaming. This lead to restlessness and commotion amongst us. The other two men stood at the door, guarding it.

I tried to see what was on the other side of the door but failed to because the two men who stood guarding the door covered my view. So instead, I chose look at their attire.

They were dressed in all black. They had bulletproof cushion beneath the clothing material which covered their entire body except their face and hands. On their hands they wore black leather gloves and on their face they had a black army helmet, and black balaclava mask covering their faces. This gave them that intimidating look.

Two men grab one of the girls and everyone around her moved more back. Peyton, Ashen and I were now leaning against the wall with no space between us.

The other two men grabbed another girl and started heading out with her. She looked to be my age or younger. She was putting up a good fight but that wasn't enough. They dragged her out like she didn't weight a thing.

When both girls were out, the men that were guarding closed the steel door then latched it again.

The atmosphere in the room changed. Everyone looked to one another, fear plastered on their faces. Not like before, they were terrified now and I felt exactly the same way.

I felt someone wrap their arm around mine, which made me jump a little.

Peyton looks at me with tears flowing down her face.

"I'm scared." She whispered.

She held onto me tighter, resting her head onto my shoulder.

"I am too." I whispered back.

I just want all of this to be over.