Chapter 15

I was sitting at the dining room table waiting for the pancakes daddy was making.

Elin was sitting next to me eating sausages.

"Can I have one?" I asked her.

She looked at me then at her plate and then back at me.

"I never share my food and you know this." She said. Then she went back to eating her food.

"I just asked for one. You have one...two...three...four...five...six...six sausages on your plate." I said.

"I know, they are my sausages. If you want a sausage, ask daddy dearest to give you one or get the fuck up and get one for yourself." She said.

She picked up her plate then walked away from me. I don't know why she's always angry at me.

I watched daddy walk to me with a plate with my pancakes on.

"Mhmmmm this looks delicious. Thank you daddy." I said.

"You're welcome Dee."

I smiled because I actually like the name Dee.

I started eating the pancakes with my hands. They tasted so good.

Mommy walked into the dining room then looked at me. I continued eating.

"Dwight what is wrong with you? Why are you entertaining this behaviour?" Mommy said to daddy.

"I'm not entertaining anything. She is our daughter and she's been gone for a few days to god knows where and we have no idea what happened. Our daughter comes back behaving like a toddler, is that not a sign of trauma to you?" Daddy asked, shouting at mommy.

Mommy laughed and that made me laugh. She looked at me and she stopped laughing. I looked away from her and continued eating my pancakes.

"So you're saying something traumatic happened to her that's why she's behaving this way? Bullshit" Mommy said.

Daddy looked at me and I smiled at him with pancakes in my mouth.

"If you don't want to help me find out what happened to her without you criticizing her and acting hostile towards her, then stay the hell away from my daughter." Daddy said.

Daddy walked to me with a smile on his face.

"How are the pancakes baby?" He asked me.

I smiled, "They are delicious. Can I have some more?"

"Of course you can." Daddy said.

I looked at mommy and she just walked away.

At least I still have daddy.