Chapter 22

Zariah and I have been in this cell for a long time. They brought us food and water. Zariah didn't eat, she just drank the water.

I was sitting here alone because Zariah left. They said that she had a visitor. Mommy and daddy didn't come visit me and that's not nice.

I heard the cell gate open and I jumped up.

"Oouuu look who's back." I said smiling at her.

"Delilah, not today please." She said like she didn't want to talk to me. She never wants to talk to me.

"But you say that every day. Like I never do anything to you. I just want to mak you my friend." I said, looking down.

Zariah let out air and I looked at her.

"Okay fine. I'll be your friend." She said. She didn't sound happy but I didn't care. At least she said that she'll be my friend.

"Yaaaaay! You're my new best friend!" I shouted and the guard banged the gate.

I quickly ran to my bed and closed my eyes. He scared me and I was scared he was going to punish me for making noise. I felt my eyes get watery.

"What the fuck?" I heard Zariah say softly. I didn't move.

I heard her move close to me, "Delilah it's okay, he's not gonna hurt you. You just need to keep your voice down in here okay." She said.

I turned and looked at her. I wiped away my tears.

"Delilah, can I ask you a question."

I nodded my head.

"Why are you in here?"

I sniffed then wiped my nose with the sleeve of my jersey.

"They said that I was shoplifting but I only took the lipstick because I liked the colour." I said.

"Did you pay for it?"

I shook my head, "No I didn't have money for it."

"Do you have a family?" She asked me.

"Yes but they don't really pay attention to me because they say I'm weird." I said sadly.

"You're not weird Dee...you're just different."

I smiled at her, "You called me Dee."

I started giggling because she called me Dee and only my family calls me Dee.

"That's not my name but I like it." I said to her.

"So, do you have a lawyer? When are you getting out of here?" She asked me.

I shrugged because I didn't know anything that was going on. My family hasn't come to see me.

"Zariah Michaels! Visitor!" The gaurd shouted.

Zariah stood up and I quickly stood up. I wanted to follow her. I wanted to get out.

"No no, look I'll be back okay." She said pushing me back a little.

"You promise?" I asked.

"Yes I promise."

I nodded then went and sat on the bed. I didn't know what to do. I was bored in here.

***************************

"Delilah Raidon! Visitor!" The guard shouted.

I woke up then looked around. Zariah wasn't back yet.

I stood up then walked to the guard. He opened the gate and I got out the cell. I smiled because it felt good to be out the cell.

We walked to a room that had a few tables and chairs.