Chapter 11

It's been a few hours since we've heard anything. We all sat here, our lives in the hands of the people who ran this place.

Hunger and dehydration has taken a toll on me. I was losing my strength and my mind too.

"What if we're next? Peyton asked weakly. She now had dark circles under her eyes and her eyes were blood red from crying. Her lips were dry and beginning to crack.

"I don't really want to think about that." I said.

"I don't believe so. I've been here longer." Ashen dryly said.

Ashen reminds me so much of Elin. They're honest people, they say it how it is. No filter nor sugar coating.

The latches on the other side are heard. All the girls scooted back away from the door. Some whimpers were heard in the crowd.

Something told me to just go to the front to just get it over and done with but I felt Peyton's arm wrap around my own.

"What if they choose us?" Her eyes widened in fear.

I shrugged, "I think that would be for the best."

She looked at me in shock and I ignored her. She asked, I answered.

The doors open revealing three men. One was carrying a six pack of water bottles. The other two stood guarding the door.

The girls started shifting closer to the man that held the water bottles

The man started throwing the bottles and the girls scrambled to catch each bottle. There was one more bottle left and the man decided to throw the last on to Peyton.

She caught it with ease then smiled at the man. The man just turned around and left the room.

The two guards closed the door then latched it.

Peyton opened the water and drank some of it. She then handed it to me and I drank some, enough to rehydrate my body. I handed the remainder of the water to Ashen and she gulped it down.

I wiped my lips, feeling refreshed and more alive.

"How are you still alive?" I asked Ashen

"I guess it's God's will."

"That's what you believe?" I questioned

"Yes."

"So you believe that it was his will to bring you here?"

"Yes I do." She simply said.

"And you just accept that?"

Ashen nods. "I do. I have faith. I believe that everything happens for a reason."

"Bullshit. That's just pure manipulation." I said. Yes he's God but that doesn't mean we have to accept the things he puts us through.

"Believe whatever you wanna believe but don't call my beliefs bullshit." Ashen defended.

I rolled my eyes then shifted away from her. There wasn't much space to get away from her but the little distance I moved was enough for me.

Peyton sat between us, a gap on both sides of her. She looked between Ashen and I, trying to pick a side but to no avail. So we all just sat on our own.