Chapter 21

I walked into the house and JJ was at the door smiling.

"Dee!!!!" He said hugging me tightly

"Ouch JJ...It's still sore." I said pushing him away from me.

"Sorry. Can I see?"

I lifted up my T-shirt and he looked at the bandage. Mommy walked inside and I followed her.

"Go to bed, it's late."

"But mommy I'm not tired and I missed JJ."

Mommy looked at us and just left the room. She went to the kitchen where I saw daddy drinking water.

"Hi daddy." I said

"Hey Dee. How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine, just a little bit sore."

He just nodded his head. I went to the fridge and took out an energy drink.

"Put that back. It's late." Mommy said to me.

It's not that late and I didn't feel like sleeping. I needed some energy so that I can feel better faster.

"Delilah Raidon I will not repeat myself." Mommy said sounding angry.

She's always angry for nothing.

"But mommy, I'm thirsty." I said still holding the can.

"You can have anything else but that drink that's in your hand." She said walking up to me.

I put the energy drink back in the fridge and grabbed another energy drink but a different flavour.

"You said I can have any other drink but the one that was in my hand." I said smiling.

"Don't fucking test me." Mommy said.

I stopped smiling then put the can back in the fridge. Mommy slammed the fridge door then walked away.

"Here you go." Daddy said handing me his water. Then he followed mommy.

**********************

Its been two weeks and they finally took out my stitches and the bandage. I felt better because I wasn't in pain anymore.

"We're heading to work. Will you be okay here by yourself?" Daddy asked me.

Mommy walked out the door with her bag and car keys.

I nodded my head.

"Okay good. If you need anything, let me know." He said. He walked out then closed the door.

I just stood there,thinking about what to do. I could watch Bluey or I could colour or...

I went to the kitchen and grabbed an energy drink. Mommy said that Elin should  stop drinking energy drinks because they'll give her a heart attack.

I opened the can and then I heard a car pull up. I looked out the window and saw Elin.

"Oh no." I said. I had to hide the energy drink before she saw me.

"What the hell are you doing with my energy drink?" Elin said walking up to me.

I wasn't scared of Elin. She's just a bully and mommy told me to stand up for myself if someone bullys me.

"I'm drinking it." I said.

"Why because you know I  brought it for me. ME!" She shouted.

I just stood there looking at her. She stared at me and I took a sip of the drink. She slapped the can out of my hand and it landed on the floor.

I looked at her, "Mommy is going to kill you." I said.

"No, she's going to kill you." She said pointing at me.

She took out her phone and called mommy.

"This better be fucking important Elin."

"Delilah dropped an energy drink on the kitchen floor." Elin said.

Then we heard a beeping sound. Mommy hung up the phone. I laughed and she pushed me.

"Don't fucking touch my shit. If you want something go to the fucking store and get it. And clean up this mess before mom gets home." She said walking away from me.

************************

I cleaned up the mess then changed my clothes. I wanted to go the store because I wanted a chocolate.  Elin said if I wanted something, I must go to the store.

I walked into a small corner store. I was looking around and saw a nice pink lipstick. I took the lipstick and looked around some more.

"You'll need to pay for that little lady." The lady at the desk said.

I look at her then at the lipstick. I put it in my pocket then walked to the door.

I heard a clicking sound and I tried to open the door but it didn't open. I heard a police car coming closer and I looked at the lady.

The police car stopped and the cops walked to the door. The door clicked again and the police walked inside.

"Is there a problem?"

"Yes. This young lady here was caught shoplifting." She said.

"Okay. You have a right to remain silent..." he said as he put my hands behind my back and locked them together.

***********************

They put me in a cell with a girl that was a little bit older than me.

"Hi." I said.

"Hello." She said softly.

I wonder what was wrong with her. She was quiet and she looked sad.

"So why are you in here? And what is wrong? You look sad." I said to her.

She just rolled her eyes and turned away from me.

"Okay. What's your name?" I asked her. I just wanted to be her friend. I wasn't being mean to her but she was being mean to me for nothing.

"Zariah." She said.

"Okay." I said.

I just wanted to go home. It was cold in here and I was hungry. I got a memory of me being in room full of girls with a big steel door. I was sitting on the floor with a girl holding onto me.

"Are you okay?"

I looked at Zariah. "Yes."

She nodded then sat down on her side of the bed. She layed down.

"Get some sleep. They'll bring in food later." She said closing her eyes.

I just layed down and went to sleep.