Chapter 7

The sound of the school bell filled the room. We were in our last session of the day. The day went rather quickly today, so I wasn't really complaining.

"You'll be tested on this tomorrow." Mrs Freed, our Geography teacher announced.

We all groaned as we packed up our stuff and left the classroom. The hallway was packed with students, some standing waiting for they're friends or chatting it up, others making their way to the school exist.

I made my way back home but this time I was on full alert. I made sure to check my surroundings.

As I walked, I kept looking back to make sure no one was following me. I relaxed a little after realising I wasn't being followed. I took out the pepper spray from my book bag and stuffed it in my jean pocket.

The street was rather empty, only a few people minding their own business.

I noticed a man standing by one of the street lights. I slowed down my pace, suspicious of the person ahead of me.

He shifted his weight by leaning on the streetlight pole. He had his head down, looking at his feet. His cap falling over his face. He wore running shoes, sweats and a hoodie. His appearance immediately reminded me of the person who followed me the day before.

I kept my gaze on him as I gripped the pepper spray in my pocket. I walked slowly, my attention still on him.

My heart pounded hard in my chest that I started hearing it in my ears. My hands started becoming sweaty so as the baby hairs on my hairline.

I suddenly felt a cloth being placed over my mouth and nose tightly. I panicked as I kicked and screamed trying to get out of the person's grip. My scream was muffled into the cloth and that made me inhale more of the fumes in the cloth.

My vision became blurry as my throat closed up. I felt my body go limp in the person's arms and then my consciousness gave in.

Everything just went black.