Chapter 17

"Go get in the damn car." Mommy said to Johnson.

Mommy said that JJ can't stay home with me and daddy and that made me sad. I wanted to spend some time with him. Daddy was in the kitchen making pancakes.

"But dad said that I can stay home with him and Dee today." He said.

"Go. Get. In. The. Damn. Car." Mommy sounded angry. She's always angry.

Johnson went to fetch his backpack then looked at me. He looked sad and that made me sad.

"Bye Dee." He said with his head down.

"Bye JJ." I said. I was sad that he was going.

Mommy and JJ left and I sat alone in the living room waiting for daddy to finish making the pancakes.

The TV was off so I took the remote from the coffee table. I looked at all the buttons on the remote and I didn't know which one to press.

"Daddy can you come switch on the TV for me."I shouted.

Daddy came into the room with pancakes and I smiled. He put the pancakes on the coffee table and took the remote from my hand.

While he was searching for a channel, I was eating the pancakes. He put on Bluey and I smiled because I loved Bluey.

"Can you watch Bluey with me daddy?" I asked him.

"Sure." He said sitting down.

*********************

Me, daddy, mommy, Elin and JJ were sitting at the dining room table eating dinner, which was Mac and cheese.

"So how was everyone's day?" Daddy asked.

Elin looked at me and I looked at daddy.

"My day was good. Just busy as always." Elin said looking at me.

I looked at mommy and she looked at me. I smiled at her but she didn't smile back.

"My day was okay. It would've been better if I stayed home with Dee and dad." Johnson said.

"No it wouldn't have. Now eat your food."

JJ looked at me and I looked at Elin. She was staring at JJ.

"Why are you looking at JJ like that?" I asked Elin.

She looked at me, "I'm not looking at him like anything. You are just faking all of this. I don't recognize you anymore. "

"She's not faking it. She's just not her old self." JJ said to her.

"Shut up Johnson. I wasn't talking to you."

Mommy stood up, "Shut the hell up all of you. Elin stop being an asshole and Delilah, if you don't pull yourself together I'm gonna dump you in a damn psych ward."

Daddy stood up, "You're not putting anyone in a damn psych ward. She's staying here with me and if you or Elin have a problem with her, either stay away from her or book yourself into a hotel."

I looked at JJ and he smiled. I smiled back at him then went back to eating my food. What is a psych ward?