Chapter 14

A switch up on Delilah's speech and the way she thinks. (A 6 year old mind)

I opened my eyes and closed them back again because of the bright sun. I looked around because everything has changed. The colour of the room was no longer pink

Elin and mommy were standing at my door looking at me.

They walked in and I sat up.

"Why is my room not pink anymore?"

Mommy and Elin looked each other then looked at me.

"We changed the colour of your room almost a decade ago Dee." Elin said

Dee? My name is Delilah, not Dee.

"Who is Dee?" I asked Elin.

Elin looked at mommy then walked out my room.

Mommy came and sat on the bed with me.

"What is wrong with you?" Mommy asked me.

She sounded angry and I don't know what I did wrong.

"Nothing is wrong mommy. I'm just hungry." I said.

She looked like she didn't know what I was saying.

"Where the hell were you these past few days? A man brought you back here in his arms, talking about he found you passed out, outside a club. Are you drinking now?" She shouted.

I wanted to cry because she was shouting at me for nothing.

"I'm not drinking anything mommy. I don't have a cup in my hand." I told her. I didn't want her to hit me.

"Are you high?"

High? Like tall?

"Huh?"

"Don't 'huh' me. Have you been smoking weed?" She asked me. She was more angry than before

"What's weed mommy?" I asked her because I didn't know what she was talking about.

Mommy just looked at me then stood up.

"Dwight! Come talk to your child!" Mommy shouted.

Mommy kept looking at me and I was scared.

"What's wrong mommy? Why are you angry?

She didn't say anything. Am I in trouble?

Daddy walked into my room and I got happy. He was my favourite parent.

"Daddy!" I shouted then ran to him.

He hugged me and I hugged him back.

"Hey Dee. What's wrong Delphia?" He asked mommy. I looked at mommy and she still looked angry.

"There's something wrong with her." Mommy said, pointing at me.

I looked at daddy and he looked at me.

"What do you mean?"

"She's calling me mommy. She doesn't know what weed is. She's acting like a damn child!" She shouted.

I jumped because she scared me. Daddy pulled me closer to him and I held his hand. Mommy looked down at our hands and then she looked at me.

"I am a child mommy." I said lowly.

"No you're not a child. You're a grown teenager. You're not a toddler!" She shouted.

My eyes became watery because I wanted to cry. She was shouting and I don't like it when mommy shouts at me.

"Delphia stop it. You're making her cry." Daddy said.

I let go of daddy's hand to wipe my tears.

Mommy looked at me then walked out of my room.

"Why is mommy and Elin angry at me?" I asked daddy. I was still crying because I felt hurt.

"They are not angry at you baby." He said wiping my tears.

"Mommy was shouting at me."

"She was just worried about you. Are you hungry?" He asked me.

I sniffed and then smiled. "Yes. Can we have pancakes?" I aksed him happily. I love pancakes.

"It's the afternoon, how about burgers?" He asked me.

I looked down because I really wanted pancakes.

"But I want pancakes." I said looking at him.

"Okay, lets get pancakes."

I smiled and started hopping out the room. This is why daddy is my favourite.