Chapter 19

Daddy, mommy and I were at the hospital. I was sitting between mommy and daddy.

"Daddy am I sick" I asked him. Mommy looked at me.

"We're not sure baby, we're here for a check up." He said.

I nodded and I looked at mommy. I smiled at her and she smiled a little bit. I looked away from her and smiled big because she actually smiled at me. Mommy never smiles at me.

"Delilah Raidon?" The doctor asked.

Me, mommy and daddy stood up and followed the doctor.

We entered the room and I smelled the chemicals and then I got a memory of me sitting on a bed with so many other girls in the room on the beds.

"What seems to be theproblem?" The doctor asked mommy and daddy and the memory went away.

"We're here because my husband and I found a very weird scar on our daughter's abdomen. A scar that she's never had before." Mommy said.

"Okay let me start off by looking at the scar before proceeding."

The doctor stood up then walked to me. I lifted up my shirt and she looked at the scar. She touched it gently and then went back to the desk.

"Have she had any surgeries in her life?"

Mommy shook her head, "Not even one."

"Well that's strange because that looks like it was surgically stitched by a professional surgeon."

Daddy and mommy looked at each other.

"Do you have any idea where she might have gotten the scar?" The doctor asked.

"She was missing a few days ago for a few days." Daddy said.

"Okay and where did she go?"

"I have no idea but she came back acting like a toddler."

"Okay...let me have a little chat with her and I'll get back to you, okay?"

The doctor stood up and walked back to me.

"Hey delilah my name is doctor Jadyn. How are you doing today?" She asked with a smile on her face and that made me smile.

"I'm doing fine."

"Your mommy and daddy says that you went missing a few days ago, do you want to tell me where you went?"

"I was missing? No me and daddy were playing hide and seek yesterday, I wasn't missing." I laughed.

The doctor also laughed, "I used to love hide and seek when I was young. Do you know where you were last week?

"No."

"Okay. Can I check your heartbeat and your eyes."

*Doctor takes out her stethoscope and ophthalmoscope  and does her observation on Delilah.*

When the doctor was finished she went back to her desk.

"Okay so her eyes are not dilating properly and her heart beats harder and slighty a bit faster than normal. I'll run some blood tests to see the cause of this and I'll have to X-Ray her."

Daddy and mommy nodded.

"Unfortunately only one parent can go in with her." The doctor said.

"I'll go." Daddy quickly said

I wanted to mommy to go in with me because I was scared.

"I want mommy to come in with me." I said softly.

I looked at mommy and she looked at me.

"Okay I'll go in with her." Mommy said

"Okay."

************************

"You're just going to feel a little pinch and it'll all be over." The nurse said.

I was sitting in front of her with my arm out showing my veins. She had so many needles and different small tubes on her table.

She took one needle and and I panicked.

"Mommy." I said, I wanted to run away.

"It's okay baby. Do you want me to hold your hand?" Mommy asked

I felt the needle go in and I closed my eyes tight and squeezed mommy's hand tight.

I nodded my head and she held my hand. I looked at her and she smiled.

A few seconds later the nurse took out the needle. I opened my eyes and let go of mommy's hand.

"See all done." The nurse said putting a bandaid on me.

"I'm so proud of you baby." Mommy said. I smiled big because I was a big girl.

"The X-Ray didn't hurt but needle did hurt."

"And I'm sorry for doing that angel. The results will be in soon. You can go grab lunch and by the time you come back, the results will be out." The nurse said to mommy.

Me and mommy stood up. "Bye Dee " The nurse said. I wavex back at her.

"Mommy see I did it."

"Yes you did and daddy will be so proud of you." She said holding my hand.

We went back to the waiting room and daddy was there.

"They said the results will be in soon. She did great in there." Mommy said smiling at me.

Daddy was just looking at mommy.

"Daddy I only cryed a little bit but mommy held my hand and I wasn't scared anymore."

Daddy smiled at mommy, "I'm glad that she did"

Mommy looked at daddy and they both smiled.

I love mommy now. She's more nicer, I think I like her more than daddy.