Chapter 13

I heard sounds and my conscious slowly arose. I opened my eyes but swiftly shut them again. The light caused a stinging sensation in my eyes and I tried to rub them but I couldn't.

I quickly opened my eyes despite the pain I was feeling. Both my hands were restrained on both sides of the bed.

I tried to sit up but felt a sharp pain that shot through my whole body. I groaned as I looked at my abdomen. I searched where the source of my was coming from with my mind. I felt the pain coming from the left side of my abdomen.

I started panicking and I began to look around the room. There were six beds in the room, three beds in rows on both sides of the room.

I looked across from me and saw Peyton knocked out with her hands laying flat on the bed. Her skin had a bit of colour and that made me feel a little better.

I looked at the other girls in the room and they all looked familiar. Every single one of them were in the dungeon with us.

The door opened and in walked a woman with a man who wore the exact same outfit as the men that dragged us out of the dungeon.

The woman was a white lady. She had a heart-shaped face, black short hair, and a very masculine body. She wore all black but her look was more on the casual side. She was very beautiful and handsome but you could tell that she had a dangerous side to her.

"How are the girls doing?" She asked.

Her voice was deep and raspy. I found it kind of strange for a woman to have such a deep voice.

"Moving. They are each responding to the different substances. So that's a good thing. We gonna make a lot of money."

Quil nodded as she looked at each and everyone one of us. When her eyes met mine, I quickly looked away.

"I'm glad to hear that. When are the other girls coming in?" She asked.

I looked to her again and I was relieved that she wasn't looking at me.

"We are finishing up the last two then the other girls might come in later today."

Quil nodded

"How's the girl you working on?" The guy questioned.

I noticed all the other girls were watching them too.

"She's doing alright. Still knocked out though." Quil answered.

"Is she responding to it?"

She shrugged, "She's not having any bad side effects, so I guess she is."

"What's her name again?"

"That's none of your business. Do you know any of these girl's names?" She aggressively said as she pointed to us.

The man shook his head slowly. I felt a pang of hurt in my stomach that they couldn't at least learn our names. We were less than human in their eyes.

"Exactly. So you don't need to know hers." Quil scoffed.

"I mean you wanted to work on her personally so that says something."

The room fell silent and it felt like the walls were closing in. I shifted a little and I felt the same sharp pain in my abdomen as earlier. I groaned and decided to to relax into the bed.

"Her name is Mia. Mia Thompson." I heard Quil say.

She decided to remember her name but couldn't care to remember ours?

"So what're you gonna do with her when you're done?"

"I'll return her home but I will come back for her. I need to low-key about all of this."

The man nodded as he looked at us.

"You know what to do with them." Quil said as she started walking out the room.

"Yes ma'am." The man said.

The doors closed and the man lifted up his shirt to reveal a fanny pack around his waist.

I wanted to laugh at that because why a fanny pack, out of all things.

I saw him take out a needle that contained a blue liquid inside.

"Be very still and it won't hurt." He said to the first girl.

The girl remained still as he injected her with the substance.

Her body fell limp against the bed and she closed her eyes. I watched closely, to see if she was still alive. Her chest rose and fell as her lungs filled with air and released it. I let out a sigh, relieved to know that they weren't going to kill us.

I watched as the man injected every single girl in the room. All of them falling asleep.

When he came to me, I relaxed into the bed. Preparing myself to fall into a deep slumber. One were I can escape from this place.

I felt the sharp needle stab my neck tissue. I felt the liquid fill into my neck, sending my body into shock.

I lost all feeling in my body and I felt myself slip slowly into darkness.

I felt at peace. No worries or emotions were felt. Just silence and stillness.