Chapter 12

I looked down at Peyton who had her arms wrapped around my waist and her head in my lap.

Her skin was pale and you could see her green veins that formed different patterns on her body.

She weakly coughed and I rubbed her back.

"It's going to be okay. I'm right here." I said to her softly.

Ashen shifted against the wall. I looked at her and she gave me a small smile.

Her eyes were barely open and her cocoa skin looked a bit darker. Her lips were cracked and white which I'm sure matched mine.

"You alright over there." She struggled to say.

I nodded my head slowly.

I too felt weak just like the other three girls that sat in this room.

There was one girl left who joined our small circle. Vittoria was a young adult. She had similar features to Emma Roberts, just that she didn't look so vibrant.

Vittoria sat next to Ashen with her arms wrapped around her knees. Her body was shivering but she had sweat forming on her forehead. She was beginning to have a fever, which scared me a little. If she doesn't get any medical attention, we would sit in this room with a corpse.

Suddenly there were voices heard on the other side of the door. This time it sounded like an argument amongst themselves.

We heard the door being opened and none of us moved. We were all too weak to scream or fight. We all wanted this to be over.

The men came in and roughly pulled Peyton away from me. I tried to hold onto her but I too was roughly dragged.

I felt Ashen hold onto my pants tightly but I suddenly felt her let go of me with a groan.

I looked back at her and she was curled up into a ball with her arms wrapped around her stomach.

I realised that one of them had kicked her in her abdomen and that angered me. I tried fighting out of their grip with the little energy I had even though I knew wouldn't succeed to get free.

I weakly fell into their muscular arms as they manhandled out the door and up the steps.

I watched Peyton as they dragged her up the steps. She put up no fight and for a second, she looked lifeless.

We entered an empty room. Nothing was in this room except us. The walls were painted white and gave off this angelic aura. I suddenly felt filthy standing in this pure white room.

The lights gave the room a certain brightness, one that shrinks your pupils. One that attempts you to shut your eyes.

I felt a sharp pain in my neck. I looked around as I began to feel dizzy and my vision got blurry.

I closed my eyes and lost consciousness.