Chapter 26

A switch up on Delilah's speech and the way she thinks. (Her old self)

It's been 2 weeks since I explained to Mia and Zariah what happened or what I remember that happened when I got kidnapped.

For the past week I've been having terrible nightmares. I've been put on new medication to help with those but they've made me extremely weak and dehydrated.

I was sitting in bed with an IV drip in my arm. Doctor Brook took me off the meds and just put on antidepressants and she gave me some sleeping pills.

I gained a fear of falling asleep because of the nightmares, so the sleeping pills knock me out. Some nights are bad but most are peaceful.

Doctor Brook has seen an improvement in my behaviour and my speech. I still do get flashbacks and I tell Doctor Brook as many as I can, it's part of trauma therapy.

Mia claims that she's never had any flashbacks or memories of her time being there and I'd say that's she's actually lucky that she didn't have to relive everything.

"How are you feeling today?" Zariah asked.

She was seated on my bed. Mia was standing beside me. I don't really remember being age regressed but Mia tells me that I was attached to her like a leech. Not anymore though.

I've never had friends so the relationship I had with Zariah and Mia was kind of strange to me. Something foreign.

"I'm feeling a little better. Just wish I wasn't so dehydrated." I said looking down at the needle in my arm.

"I'm sure they'll take it out as soon as your vitals are stable." Mia said.

I looked up at her and nodded. She's very gentle and I've noticed that she follows Zariah around like a little puppy. I get that they're best friends but does she have to follow her everywhere?

Zariah doesn't mind it but I'd hate being followed around by someone. I need my space.

"I'm glad you're doing better, you know with the whole age regression thing." Zariah stated. Its was like she was afraid to say it, like it made her uncomfortable.

"Yeah. At least your trauma caused age regressions not D.I.D." Mia mumbled but we both heard her.

"Get out." I said not looking at her.

She has no right to say something like that to me. I went throught what she went through and she thinks my outcome was better than hers?

"That doesn't make it better Mia. Trauma is trauma at the end of the day." Zariah said

"But at least hers wasn't as bad as mine."

What? I sat there shocked at what was coming out of Mia's mouth. A person who experienced what I experienced...you know what, I actually don't blame her. She doesn't remember any of it.

"Zariah can you please give us a minute."

Zariah looked at Mia then back at me. She nodded then walked out the room.

"Sit down." I said, sounding a bit like Delphia.

I wanted to smile at that because my firm tone made Mia sit down. Seeing that I'm a year younger than her, I didn't think she would've listened to me.

"You don't know a thing I've been through so you have no right to compare yourself to me. Yes you got D.I.D, you didn't deserve that but neither did I or any of the other girls I was in that dungeon with. We went days without eating. The screams, the terror, the nightmares haunt me. Trauma is trauma and neither of us asked for any of it. We all just have to try get through it so don't you dare make me seem like I got it easier just because I age regressed. Don't you fucking dare Mia." I angrily said.