Chapter 8

Izzy's outfit.

The next few days I spend cooped up in the house with either one of my Uncle's hovering around me, or Nonna being in the room with me.

I loved finally having a family who cared for me, but I wanted a little alone time too.

My father Dante hasn't been to visit while I've been out of hospital, and Xeres had reluctantly told me he hadn't bothered while I'd been really hurt either. It seemed I was right, he really didn't care.

My Nonno and his wife were flying in tonight to come and pay me a visit, and I was nervous again. I'm not sure if I could handle another rejection.

Everyone has assured me he wasn't like that and that he'd love me. But I'd thought that about Dante too, so I didn't want to get my hopes up for nothing.

Troy had been a frequent visitor, and Micha hadn't liked him being around. I hadn't understood Micha's problem with him, until Micha pointed out that Troy liked me as more than a friend. I didn't see him as anything but that, so it would eventually cause a problem I didn't want.

I was waiting for the guys to get back from work totally bored. They'd promised to take me out for a meal, to make up for what had happened. I hadn't wanted to because I just didn't have the clothes.

Nonna had solved that without me knowing, ordering me a whole wardrobe of new clothes. I had told her she didn't need to do it, but she wouldn't listen to me, and shrugged it off telling me it's a catch up on the eighteen years I'd missed out on gifts for birthdays and Christmas's.

Now here I was getting dolled up by Amelia, who was totally enjoying torturing me.

She's waxed everything for me and I vowed to never, ever do it again. It hurt like a total bîtch!

After she'd redone my nails and eyebrows, she helped me plan my outfit and do my hair for me to hide the shaved part behind my ear.