Chapter 51

The day before Gabriel arrived I was completely on edge and snapping at everyone I was so damn nervous. Dad and the guys caught on quickly that I wanted to be left alone with the girls and left me in peace.
Nonno and Alicia were both arriving next week for Thanksgiving, and planned on staying around until after Christmas. I was really looking forward to seeing them again; though it hasn't really been that long since I left Greece, I got used to them always being around.

Dad and Ivan didn't seem worried at all over Gabriel's visit tomorrow and I nearly punched Ivan earlier when he'd told me to "lighten up and quit worrying so much" biting my tongue and not leaving him bleeding should have earned me a bloody medal.
Maddox and Xeres were the only ones who agreed with me that we should be wary and extremely cautious when he visits, and I don't intend for the girls to be on the house either- I'd asked Maddox to have them over at his house with Rhianne, so they'd be safe. He didn't like that idea all that much, wanting to be here himself if shît hit the fan, but I'd pleaded with him over it and eventually got him to back down.

Because Maddox wasn't going to be here, he arranged for Luke and Ryan - his most trusted and capable guards- to stay near me at all times while Gabriel was in the house. I didn't want babysitting, but it was part of his agreement to stay away and watch the girls, so I just went along with it.

Me and Xeres were currently in the pool taking the girls in for the first time ever, and waching them splash in their tiny floating rings was adorable. I kept snapping photos wanting to capture this moment and felt myself relaxing just watching the delight on my baby girls faces. Xeres was in his element playing 'class clown' and pulling faces, and making funny noises to try make them laugh without any luck yet.

It's been nearly six months since I had them and they've grown so much already. They might look alike, but their personalities were so different.
Rosalie was the most relaxed and bubbly twin, while Sophia was moody and had a temper if she didn't get fed quick enough.
They reminded me of myself and I was so glad they took after me in a lot of other ways too.

Getting out and leaning against the side, I reached over and grabbed Sophia out of her float because she'd started fussing. I gave her a bottle while watching Xeres entertain Rosalie happily. Xeres would make a brilliant dad and I felt bad that he's never get to experience it. But he's going to be a fantastic uncle to them, he already is brilliant with me and just watching him with the girls I can see how much he loves being around them both.

Smiling softly down at Sophia as I notice she's dropped off to sleep, I catch Xeres' eye and point into the house signalling I'm taking her up for a nap. He nods and I smile at him in thanks before escaping.

Wrapping a warm towel around Sophia that I snagged from the radiator on my way up, I wrap it around her and dry her off, changing her gently trying not to wake her. Once she's changed - and thankfully still asleep, I place her into her crib and turn on the monitors knowing that Rhianne will be watching from the control room. Waving at the camera in recognition I head back down to get Rosalie ready for her nap, too.

"Bella?" Xeres calls softly, sounding funny when I enter the pool room. "Can you take her now?"

I smile widely at the sight of him trying to change Rosalie's dirty swim-diaper and just making more of a mess than anything else. "Sure," I reply amused. "You trying to clean her, or just smear more onto her?" I ask dryly.

He throws a glare my way making me smirk at his obvious panic. "God! Who knew something so small could shît so much?" He groans and gladly moves out of the way when I scoot closer.