Chapter 21

I've been back in America a week and I already hate being here. It brings up awful memories from when my Mom was sick, and I try my best to avoid going anywhere near our old house.

I'd been to the diner to visit the staff and they were all shocked to see me. My boss even admitted he thought I was dead; which wasn't very comforting.

I'd already decided to not stay here in this godforsaken place and decided to rent a small flat two towns over instead.

It wasn't much, but it was clean and the rent wasn't too much.

I'd been searching for a job with no luck, and for the last day or so I'd been really home-sick.

I missed everyone so much, and it was kîlling me not talking to them. Xeres hasn't rung me for two days either; though I had tried to get through to him and failed.

After another week passes and still no news from anyone, I get depressed and just stay in my flat feeling sorry for myself.

It feels like something is wrong, and why would Xeres demand me to keep in contact if he wasn't going to answer?

Deciding enough was enough, I book the next flight back to Italy and pack my things back up.

Paying my next month's rent in advance, I call a cab and get to the airport before I can change my mind.

Leaving Xeres one last message telling him I was coming back, and that I hoped everyone was okay.

I boarded the flight hoping that they were all okay; they couldn't be that upset with me that they were just ignoring me, could they?

Arriving in Italy I grab my bags and go rent a car, just like I had in America. I couldn't shake the feeling that something was wrong, and decided to stop at the bar and see Troy first to see if he knew anything.

When I walked in it wasn't so busy. When he looked up and saw me, he paled and it looked like he'd seen a ghost.

"What the fûck are you doing here? You're in too much danger here you silly bîtch. Do your Uncle's know your here?" He demands me.

"Don't call me a bîtch, I know what I'm doing. Somethings wrong and I want to know what. Fûck you too Troy! I didn't come here for a slanging match, I just wanted to know what's going on." I tell him angrily.

"Look I'm sorry I'm just scared. Your Uncle's are in some deep shît Bella, their enemies want you. Why I don't know, probably for revenge or some other shît. No one's heard from anyone at your Nonna's house for days now."

I just nod my thanks and rush out determined to head straight to Nonna's.

Getting back into my car I try to think of my best plan of action. What the Hell could I do if they were in trouble? I'm just one girl and sure I'd killed before, but I was armed then and now I'm not.

That's it! I need a gun.

Going back into the bar I pull Troy to one side quickly as he heads into the back. "I need a gun, no where I can get one?"

He stiffens and stares at me warily before nodding. "Yeah, I'll loan you one, but if the police catch you, you're on your own."

"Thanks Troy."

He leaves me stood close to the bar, and after a minute it so comes out carrying a small gun and hands it to me with another carton of bullets.

"Be careful Bella." He mumbles as he walks by.

I nod and after slapping some money down on the bar, I leave and get into my car quickly.