Chapter 37

The next day when I wake up, I'm still wrapped up in Ares' arms, and just lay there smiling at how content I feel here. He looks so peaceful, that I try to climb out of his hold without waking him, to go use the bathroom.

Finally getting free, I rush to the bathroom desperately now, and take care of business.
When I come out, Ares is awake and getting dressed.  ''Morning, mio amore,'' he comes over and kisses me softly, and I melt against him happily.

''Morning,'' I reply breathless, when he finally let's me go. ''God, I'm starving,'' I groan and my stomach rumbles in agreement too, making me blush slightly.

Grabbing a long maxi-dress and some clean underwear, I change into them quickly, aware of Ares' eyes on me, and look up to see he's moved closer, and that his eyes have darkened considerably. ''So beautiful,'' he whispers and kisses me again. ''Come on, let's go feed that monster in your stomach, before it escapes,'' he teases me and I smile at him happily.

Taking my hand, we go downstairs to the kitchen where I can hear that everyone already is. When we enter, Antonio gets up and comes over to me ''Can I talk to you, alone for a minute?'' he asks me gently.

I nod and follow him out onto the deck, and sit down on one of the  chairs out there. Antonio stays standing and is just watching me closely. ''I'm sorry, Bella,'' He chokes out sounding broken. ''So sorry for treating you so coldly these last two days.''

I try to interrupt him, but he holds a hand up stopping me. ''Please, let me finish,'' he begs me. ''I had to treat you coldly, because I had to focus on finding Ares for you, finding out you were having a baby only made me more determined.''

It goes quiet, and I just stare at him waiting for him to continue. ''I'm so happy that you're pregnant, Bella. You've made me prouder than I ever hoped to be,  I love you like a daughter, and I can't wait for your baby to be here,'' he tells me. ''I'm sorry if you thought otherwise.''

I get up and hug him ''I forgive you Antonio, it doesn't matter anymore. I love you too, you're like my dad, and sometimes I wish you really were. Thank you for bringing Ares home to me.''

''Not a problem, Bella. Let's go back inside, and eat."

I stand up and he pulls me into a hug, and just holds me close. My stomach grumbled loudly again and Antonio chuckles loudly, ''Come on, let's feed you both.''

We go back into the kitchen and everyone looks at us closely, Ares is sat with Xeres eating a large cooked breakfast. I grab a few slices of toast, and munch on that first to test my stomach, after I manage it without feeling nauseous, I go and grab a natural yogurt, and some mixed fruit from the fridge.
I sit beside Xeres and glare at him as he tries to steal some of my fruit, ''Do you not learn?'' I ask him annoyed.

''Nope,'' he replies cheerfully.

I just growl at him, and move over a chair protecting my food. Ares and Ivan are both smirking at my behaviour, until I send them both a scowl, too.

After breakfast, I place my dishes in the sink and get up and move into the lounge, where Alicia and Nonno were already sat talking. ''Morning,'' I call cheerful as I sit beside Alicia. ''Morning, sweetie, you okay?'' Alicia asks me.

''Never better,'' I tell her truthfully ''Just feel a little bîtchier than normal.''

''That's completely normal, sweetie. It's just your hormones messing around.'' Alicia tells me smiling.

Nonno smiles at me too, and motions to his phone that he's holding. ''Your Nonna just rang, she's coming for a visit in the next few days time.''