Chapter 11

Bella's dress.

The next week passes by without any drama, and I finally feel better from my near death experience.

Nonna had found out from Antonio what happened, her and Nonno turned up the next morning spitting mad.

They gave Xeres an earful about paying attention, then turned on me and demanded I learn how to swim, because they weren't risking losing me again.

I'd agreed reluctantly and now spent two days a week at the local pool with Micha, so he could show me how. Ivan or Xeres are always close by in case I need them while learning.

Iver still hasn't called me. He just sent me a text yesterday asking how I was.

Someone at the beach had gotten a photo of me being dragged lifeless from the sea and sent it to the local media who went crazy over it.

Amelia had visited me yesterday, and her and Quinn were driving me mad. It's so obvious they like each other, but nothing happens about it. Sure Quinn's my age, but age is only a number unless; you're a creepy old man going after little girls. But Amelia was only five years older than him, not the other way around so I didn't see the problem.

Nonno and Maria were going home today and I'd agreed to go see them off at the airport feeling sad he had to go so soon, but he promised to visit again, and invited me, and my Uncle's to go stay with him sometime soon.

After saying our goodbyes, Ivan and Micha, and Quinn drive me home. We pass a fast food resteraunt and I beg Ivan to let us stop so I can get something. It was now 2.p.m and I hadn't eaten since breakfast.

He rolls his eyes at me in the rear view mirror, but stops anyway. "You're always hungry Bella, doesn't really matter what time it is, or how long between meals. You're so skinny I'm not sure exactly where you store it. Maybe you have hollow legs?" He teases me.

I ignore him and lift my head up snootily, and rush eagerly inside.

Micha and Ivan catch up to me, and we all place our orders. Quinn stays sat outside watching the exits, saying he wasn't hungry.

We get called for our food and I nearly gag out loud when Ivan gets chatted up by the cashier.

When we finally sit and eat, I destroy my meal hungrily, and ignore Micha and Ivan as they shoot amused looks my way.

Once I finish, I grab some cash from Ivan, and go get an ice cream. I get served by the flirty cashier and she eyes me curiously.

I take my ice cream and sigh loudly. "He's my Uncle, he's single too." I tell her smirking. "Do you want me to give him your number?"

She looks shocked for a minute, before recovering and writing her number on a napkin. She hands it to me smiling.

"Thanks, I'm Sarah. Do you think he'd be interested? I have kids." She tells me shyly.

"Isabella or Bella. My Uncle's called Ivan, and I'm sure it won't matter." I tell her and take my ice cream back to the table.

I hand the napkin to Ivan who looks confused. "Sarah wanted to give it to you but was too shy, and intimidated by me." I tell him smirking. "I assured her you were my Uncle and completely single "

He glares at me playfully, while Micha snickers beside me.

We leave the resteraunt and I wave bye to Sarah, who blushes brightly.