Chapter 41

At 8 and a half months pregnant I could hardly move. My bump was so big that I hadn't been able to see my feet for the last 3 months, and I hated it. Walking was a big problem now, and my Doctor had placed me on bed-rest, and my Uncle's were driving me insane with how over-protective, especially my Dad, Antonio.

We were still living at Nonno's, and he'd even asked us to make it our permanent home. I wasn't sure about agreeing just yet, and neither were the guys, I always planned on moving back to Italy, and had no one was standing my way now that my divorce to Ares was finalised, and truly over with.

The divorce was really messy, and it hurt me how cold Ares had turned against me the few times when we'd seen each other at our solicitor's meetings. He was living full-time with Clara now and their son, he had even waived his rights away to the twins, not wanting anything to do with them, leaving me heartbroken officially now.
My solicitor had done an amazing job, and because Ares never made me sign a pre-nup, I got half of everything he owned.
I hadn't wanted to take it, but my Dad persuaded me to think about the twins, and how much they needed it, so I took it grudgingly.

My Uncle's and Nonno had bought me everything I needed for the twins; not letting me spend a penny, and Nonna had gone mad buying clothes for them, too.
Xeres had done the girls room like he'd wanted to, and it was beyond amazing. He'd decorated it in a fairy princess design, while I'd had to reign him in, and just made him stick to pink and purple colors, like I wanted. He'd pouted over it, but it was my decision in the end.

Being this large now, I also struggled to find clothes that fit me anymore, I found a few maternity dresses that I was comfortable in, and I wore them if I has to leave the house, otherwise I just wore some of the guys track pants and t-shirts. They weren't very pleased over it, especially after I stretched one of Xeres' tops that much that it was like a tent on him now.

Being on bed-rest really sucked, I wasn't allowed on my feet any longer than just getting up to use the bathroom, and thanks to Nonno's over-protectiveness, one of my Uncle's or my Dad, stayed with me to make sure I listened to my Doctor's orders.

I was bored out of my mind, and in a lot of pain just from the girl's movements, I just wanted this pregnancy over with, and the girls here safely.

Doctor West had been very pleased, and kind of shocked that I'd been able to carry the twins for so long. She'd told me that usually twins are delivered around 7 and a half months along, so me getting to this stage was really good for the babies. It also meant that the babies were less likely to need to stay in hospital too, after I gave birth. And finding that out was one of the reasons that made me stay in bed, listening to her; even though I hated being stuck here.

I only had two weeks left until my due date, with it being so close to Christmas, I'd ended up doing most of my present shopping online, and having it already wrapped so my Uncle's -mainly Xeres- didn't snoop like the over-grown child I know he is. Nonna was flying over in two days time, and planned on staying here until a month after I has the babies, to help me out. Everyone was so excited about my impending labour, while me, well I was down right scared shîtless. Now I no longer had Ares to be with me in the delivery room, I was out of birth partners. Nonna and Alicia both wanted to be there for me; but they were both really bad at the sight of blood, even fainting, so they couldn't be there.

Warren has been here for the last few weeks keeping me company too, he'd brought news from back in Italy that Micha had married Amelia, and that they had a son, who was now 3 months old. It didn't hurt anymore hearing that he'd moved on -with my cousin no less, too- but I was so over it; I didn't want to run into them or see them anytime soon, but I was happy for them both, they deserved each other.