Chapter 48

The next week that followed was hectic, and I was getting sick of seeing the inside of the local police station. When I'd come in to give my final statement on Ares's attempted break-in, the bâstard had tried to claim I'd kidnapped his daughters away from him, and that was the reason he'd been trying to gain access to my house.
To put it lightly I stupidly attacked him in front of two officers, and got myself locked up for two hours until Dad come to get me out. He'd also brought all the paper work nessesary to quash Ares's outrageous claims and after it was settled, I contacted my lawyer and had him give Ares a warning, stating that if he ever tried this shît again, I'd take him for every penny he owned and destroy what was left of his companies.

Dad hadn't been pleased about me getting arrested, but the smug smile on his face when he saw the damage I'd managed to do to Ares's "pretty face" before the police had pulled me off was worth it.

Ares had earned himself a busted lip and broken nose for his pathetic accusations, and had even threatened to press charges on me. His Lawyer had persuaded him not to.
I'm guessing he knows the judge won't be all too sympathetic to Ares after all the shît he's put me through lately.

Today I'd woken up to someone ringing my doorbell at 7:05am and trudged downstairs in just my panties and top before I realised what I was wearing and grabbed a long jacket from the back of the sofa to cover up.

Unlocking it quickly and glaring at whoever it was that woken me, I see a short, nervous looking man stood there surrounded by three of my very large guards, and holding an envelope. "Miss Salvador?" He asks nervously.

"Yes?" I ask him grouchily.

"These are the papers you haven been waiting for," he mumbles quickly. Seeing my blank stare he eyes my guards once more nervously, and motions to the envelope he'd passed me. "The restraining order has been granted."

"Oh. Good, thank you.?"

"M-mr S-stoke." He stutters out.

"Well thank you then Mr Stoke, it's been a pleasure meeting you." I tell him sweetly, then motion to the guards.