Chapter 33

The next morning I wake up feeling crappy again. Getting free of Ares' arms was harder than usual, he seemed to not want to let me go.

Once I'd wiggled free, I headed into my bathroom to take a shower; hoping it would make me feel better, It didn't, but at least I was clean. Because I didn't have any clothes, I slipped Ares' shirt back on, and my leggings from yesterday.

Going next door to Xeres's room, I find him still fast asleep too, and go raid his closet from some sweat pants, or shorts that might fit me. Finding an old pair of track pants at the back, that he must have owned for years, I grab them and a small white t-shirt, too. "Why are you in here so early, squirt?" I hear Xeres ask me sleepily, making me jump and squeak in fear.

Xeres burst out laughing at me, and I pull my tongue out at him annoyed. "I needed to borrow some clothes," I tell him still annoyed. "You're the closest to me in size, out of the three of you, that I can borrow any off."

He nods and looks at me closely. "How are you today?" he asks me seriously. "You, okay?"

I sigh and go sit on his bed, still feeling crappy. "Not really, but I'll be okay. I'm just upset over yesterday. Why does this keep happening to me, why can't they leave me alone?" Xeres hugs me tight and kisses the top of my head. "I'm not sure Bella, but I will protect you." he tells me sounding so sure of himself. "Me and the others won't let you get hurt anymore."

I just nod and agree, not wanting to hurt his feelings. Truth was I didn't feel safe anymore -if someone can attack our home and get away with it, then how could I ever feel safe there again? - but I didn't want to let Xeres know how I felt so I just smiled at him softly. "Thanks."

I get up and leave him to get dressed, and head back into my room where i find that Ares is still fast asleep.

Pulling the shorts and t-shirt on quickly, I leave Ares' shirt on the end of the bed and head down stairs to the kitchen, feeling hungry.

Nonno and Alicia are already sat eating breakfast when I go down, and Nonno looks really pleased to see me. "Nipote! How are you today?" he asks me.

I sigh and roll my eyes, realising they're all going to be asking me that constantly today. "I'm good Nonno. I feel a little funny, but I'm hungry, too."

"Good, that's good! Come join us then nipote, anything you're hungry for in particular?" He asks me happily. "Nope, anythings good." He nods and heads into the kitchen to ask them to bring me something out.

I go sit next to Alicia, and stare put at the pool distractedly. "Bella? You okay, sweetie? Alicia asks me gently. I look up at her and feel like crying. "No. But I have to be," I tell her seriously "I can't let these bâstards win, I'm just so tired of all this shît, though." She pats my hand sypathetically. "I know sweetie, your Nonno's been so angry over it. Antonio's even called in some help, until this gets sorted."

I tense up, and am about to ask who he's bringing when Nonno returns with a plate bacon and pancakes, he sets it down in front of me, and I feel my face pale at the sudden bout of nausea, that follows after I smell it. "Oh, God!" I cry and jump up, rushing quickly towards the bathroom.

I make it just in time and kneel there dry heaving, because my stomachs so empty. Alicia holds my hair back and rubs my back soothingly. Once I'm done I just lay there, too exhausted to move.

"Bella? You okay, now?" she asks me. I just nod too weak to do more. "Have you thought that you might be pregnant, Bella?"

I freeze totally shocked by the idea." I take it you haven't, then, hmm?" She asked me knowingly.