Chapter 49

We spent only five minutes together in the kitchen before Ivan came in to find us looking stressed. "Bella, thank God." He breathed seeing me stood next to Maddox. "Maddox get her upstairs to the girls right now!" Ivan all but screamed making me startle in fear.

"Why?" I demand him panicked. Maddox takes a step closer and puts his arm around me protectively.

"Did you ever think on about how Ares figured out where you were?" He asks knowingly as he starts ushering us both towards the stairs. And I gape at him stupidly realising that I'd never thought of it until now. Seeing my face he nods sort of sadly. "Tamzere Ricardo and his son are outside demanding to see you. They figured it out too. You aren't safe Bella, you need to get to the girls and go to the panic room and stay there until it's safe." He demands me frantic now in his efforts to get us up to my room. "Maddox you stay with Bella and the girls and don't let anything happen to them, understand?" Ivan begs him making me feel terrified.

"Wait, Ivan what's happening outside? Is dad and Xeres okay?" I ask scared to think or what could be going on while Ivan's here with me.

"They're okay. The guards and some of your dad's friends are keeping them away from the house, we just aren't sure if they are alone."

"Bella, come on, let's get inside and then Ivan can go help. Ivan I'll keep them safe, I promise," Maddox tells him firmly. "Ryan and Luke are already with the girls, so I'll keep them up here too."

Entering the bedroom, Ryan and Luke immediately stand to attention seeing us, and look at Maddox for orders like real soldiers do in the movies, making me tense up in realisation. Dear God this shît was really happening. Again!! "Sir? What's wrong?" Luke asks concerned.

Maddox pushes me towards the girls and I start packing everything I need that's close by into their diaper bag. While Maddox gives them a brief on what's going on outside. "Ivan?" I call to him softly. "I need a gun."

He nods as if it's the most natural thing in the world for me to have a gun, and I suppose it is. I'm a very good shot, and though I hadn't had much practice I fired true when needed. He leans down and removes a small gun from his ankle, after checking the safety he hands it to me carefully. "You'll be okay." He says gently trying to assure me.