Chapter 57

The next morning I'm up bright and early again seeing to the girls, Nonno and Alicia have joined me in the kitchen and have been helping me get them sorted.
The guys are all upstairs asleep and I left them to it knowing that the longer I kept them out of the kitchen the easier it would be to start preparing food for tomorrow.
Alicia was helping me out making the food for tomorrow's Thanksgiving dinner and I was sincerely grateful over it. Cooking for this many people for the first time was scary and I just prayed everything was going to go okay.
After getting the girls settled I left them in the lounge with Nonno and started going through the menu I had chosen to do for the meal. I was going with the traditional and just sticking to chicken and beef as my dad and uncles weren't very fond of Turkey.
I was hoping to make my specialty dessert too, a peanut butter and chocolate cheesecake, but wasn't sure if it went with everything else. Alicia persuaded me to make it anyway, she was going to do a pumpkin pie and we agreed to do a chocolate fudge brownie cake too. We didn't have a recipe for it so I spent half an hour pouring over recipes on Google trying to find one that looked good.

Most of my time was spent going backwards and forwards from the kitchen to the lounge checking on the girls and cooking.
I knew they'd be okay with Nonno, and after feeding the guys they got shoo'ed out of the kitchen too, where they joined Nonno in the lounge mumbling something about a game they wanted to watch on TV.

At the end of the day I was extremely pleased over what we'd achieved. Nearly all the food was done; or prepared ready to be cooked in the morning. I'd finished my cheesecake and Alicia had completed her pie and they were both resting in the spare fridge out in the garage.
The guys had all been warned not to touch and after reluctantly agreeing I'd treated them to a batch of fudge brownies with the left over ingredients from the fudge cake that pleased them.

The girls were brilliant all day not making a fuss at being away from me so much, Maddox stayed with them and cared for them for me with Nonno helping him out when needed.
We'd not spent much time together today, just a few quick kisses here and there when he'd come through the kitchen to get the girls bottles.
I planned to make it up to him later once the girls were in bed. I'd asked Alicia if she'd mind babysitting later and after she'd happily agreed. I planned on going out somewhere nice with Maddox, feeling like letting my hair down for once.