CHAPTER 35- ICE SKATING

Chaeyoung watches in fascination as a surprised Lisa throws her arms around an equally surprised Taehyung.

Tae wraps his arms around her and pulls her into a hug so deep that her legs lift off the ground.

"Look at them. They're so cute." Chae whispers to her boyfriend and Jimin, who was recording the whole thing.

"I think we should give them space. We should probably go, and let them enjoy their newly found couple status. And so should we. Baby, do you wanna go on a date with me?", Jungkook asks hopefully.

"Are y'all forgetting something?" Jimin asks. When he was greeted with silence by both parties he said, "ME!"

"What about you?"

"I'm also here. What about me? You can just leave me here."

Jungkook smiles in pity, "We can and we will. But I do hope you find someone soon." With a tap on his shoulder, they also take off leaving Jimin staring at their backs in betrayal.

"Those ungrateful brats. They wouldn't even have met if it weren't for me."

_________

"Eeek! It's so cold!" Chae cuddles into the warmth her boyfriend's body provided.

Jungkook was proud of the location he selected for their first official date.

They were both standing outside an ice rink tying their ice skates. Jungkook knew right then, when his girlfriend snuggled into him that he had made the right choice.

He was expecting her to not know how to skate which was an oversight on his part knowing how sporty his girlfriend was. He had hoped that she would slip on the rink and he would be there to catch her. But turns out, when she found out that he was taking her skating, she was so excited since it was one of the activities she and her friends enjoyed taking part in. Every. Single. Weekend.

Jungkook would have been disappointed that his plan went south if it weren't for the absolute joy and excitement on her face despite her coming here every week. And now that she was so close to him, clutching him like her own personal heat pack, he couldn't really find the heart to complain.

Looking up at him from his arms with a few wisps of hair escaping her beanie and her face flushed from the cold, Park Chaeyoung looked like an angel.

Jungkook lets out a contented sigh. This was his angel. What a lucky fucker he was to hold her in his arms.

"What are you thinking in that handsome head of yours?"

"I was thinking about how I have such a pretty girlfriend and she's all mine." He gently rocks her in his arms as he answers her.

She shyly smiles up at him, placing a kiss to his collarbone and then proceeds to rest her cheek there. "Not as lucky as I am."

Even though Jungkook's hopes that his girlfriend didn't know how to skate were crushed, he still had a card up his sleeve. If she knew how to skate and wouldn't fall into his arms, then oh well, he had no other choice. He had to pretend not to know and would fall into HER arms instead.

With that plan in mind, he happily slips and falls to the ground as soon as they get into the rink.

Jungkook watches in fascination as his girlfriend tries to guide him and how her small body balances him whenever he loses his footing.

His adoration for her grows tenfold as he observes her patiently teaching him how to skate.

"I think you're getting the hang of it now!" She beams in delight.

"You think so?" He asks with a smile.

"You're a fast learner Kookie." She laces their fingers together and brings it to her mouth to place a kiss there.

"I've got a great teacher." He voices to which she giggles and pulls him along with her.

After a few more accidental falls, which he always managed to land in her arms, the two decided to leave.

And just before they were ready to step out, Jungkook said, "Oh! I think I've finally got it!"

"That's what you said the last 16 times."

"No, no. I think this time, it's for real,"

Chaeyoung didn't think her boyfriend was ready but she decided to humor him nevertheless, "Show me what you got." she says amusement before pushing him off of her.

And to her utter surprise, Jungkook glides with perfect ease and circles around her while her mouth drops in shock.

Holyshit her boyfriend was so talented. What a quick learner!

As if she wasn't already stunned, the man takes off and does an almost perfect attitude which could rival her and her unnies'.

And that is when she realizes. Oh my fucking god. She couldn't believe she fell for his petty tricks. She didn't know if she was pissed at her boyfriend or if she should applaud him for his cunningness.

"You sneaky little shit. I cannot believe I fell for that. I should've figured out why you only kept falling when I was close enough to catch you.", she shakes her head, disappointed at herself but nothing could control the smile that was overtaking her face caused by his antics.

"I never said I couldn't skate. You made your own assumptions babe." He happily taunts her. He had thought of keeping it to himself and not clue her in on it till the end, but his competitive side couldn't stand it and plus, it would be fun to see her all riled up, which he was sure she would be.

"Wait till I get my hands on you!!"Chaeyoung starts chasing him with a playful glint in her eyes.

"Looking forward to it!!"