CHAPTER 36- KARMA'S A BITCH (M)

"I think I'm finally getting there. I can tell she's interested. I'm this close to asking her out. Today she let me borrow her guitar cause I forgot mine. She's the sweetest person ever. She has to be interested right? Why else would she help me?", Jaehyun gushes.

Jungkook snorts at that. The entire team turns to look at him. The football team were all gathered by the bleachers having their usual bonding time, which was something their coach insisted on to bring them closer as a team.

Jaehyun had somehow turned the conversation to Chaeyoung and how much progress he was making with her.

"What? You don't think she's interested in him?", Yugyeom asks.

Jungkook barely held in an eye-roll. Not this asshole talking about girlfriend and making assumptions in his head. As if Park Chaeyoung would be interested in him.

"Well you just said that she was the sweetest person. So, she was probably just being sweet. Just because she gave you her guitar doesn't mean she's interested.", Jungkook tells Jaehyun.

Yugyeom nudges him, indicating not to start an argument which Jungkook completely ignores.

"Jungkook, you don't know her the way I do. I can tell she's interested. Plus she always smiles at me.", Jaehyun retaliates.

"How does smiling equate to liking someone? She smiles at everybody. Does that mean she's interested in everyone?", Jungkook wasn't gonna back down now.

"Well not everyone. I don't see her smiling at you.", Jaehyun mocks.

Oh no he didn't. He did not say what he thinks he just did. What the actual fuck? Was this fucker trying to get on his nerves?

The guys sense a storm approaching judging from their captain's expression.

"What did you just say?"

"I mean I'm not trying to offend you or anything. We all know you two don't get along. Pretty sure we've all seen you two fight at least once. I was just stating a fact. I know she can't stand you. It's not that big of a secret.", Jaehyun explains.

Jungkook was ready to find that ball again to give him a recap of last week. He was so ready to smash his head in. He wishes he could just come out and tell this fucker that Chaeyoung was HIS girlfriend. When it comes to her he realized that he was very much on the possessive side. But whereas he wanted to shout it from the rooftops that they were a thing, he wasn't sure if his girlfriend wanted that.

They hadn't discussed if they wanted their relationship to be public or not. He would LOVE to tell every single person he came across that, Park Chaeyoung, the prettiest, most kind, loving person was his girlfriend. But what if she wasn't ready yet? And on top of that, Jaehyun was in her music club. What if he made things harder for her if he told Jaehyun? He really wishes that he had a conversation about this with her.

So instead of screaming in his face that Chaeyoung was taken, he decides to settle on, "We get along quite well. We may have had some... disagreements in the past but we are over that. In fact we have gotten very close if I do say so myself."

Now it was his teammates turns to snort. They didn't believe the shit that came out of their captain's mouth.

Please... Jungkook and Chaeyoung getting along? Right, like that would ever happen.

Jungkook looks around at his teammates, surprised at their reaction. "What, you guys don't believe me?"

"Dude. Who are you trying to fool? It might be a little far fetched to think she likes me but it's fucking impossible that you guys get along well.", Jaehyun laughs as if the thought was genuinely hilarious to him. The boys around him all nod in agreement.