000

"Shit

"Shit." Casey cursed, raising her trembling hand to rest on her forehead, staring down at a pile of mailed envelopes in front of her.

Bills, bills, bills, and even more bills. Rent, utilities, electrical, medical, schooling, and nursing bills. Rather than the white envelopes, all she was seeing was her bank account getting even lower in the negatives.

She didn't even have to open any to know that they were each very well over thousands of dollars. The amount of debt she was in at the young age of 24 was out of this world.

On top of that, she wasn't even able to see the fine print on any of the envelopes due to the fact that her lights were off. It was also freezing cold-yes, you guessed it, the heat was off as well. She hadn't paid for either this month, or last month, or the month before that.

She could hear low humming, and she looked up to see her son, Kyzion, hitting his fist against the side of his leg while staring at her.

"Hi baby. Come here." She opened her arms, and his hums grew louder as he entered her embrace, being picked up to be in her lap.

"You okay?" She un-buttoned the top two buttons of his PJ Masks pajama top, seeing that it was too tight around his neck for her liking.

"Yes." He grabbed the hems of his shirt, buttoning it back up, and then he rubbed down the fabric to make sure that it was flat.

She chuckled, seeing him continuing to flatten the shirt until it was to his liking, which it obviously wasn't because he kept fidgeting with it.

His head turned to look at her, and he frowned, seeing the tears on her face. He couldn't quite understand why they were there, or why she wore the sad expression.

He tilted his head to the side after pointing at her tear streaked cheeks, signaling to her that he wanted to know the reason behind them.

"Oh, I'm fine. I'm okay." She smiled, quickly drying her tears after forgetting that they were even there.

His small body shivered a bit, and she pulled him closer as she became sad all over again. She could feel how cold he was, and she was sure that the thin sheet he covered up with in bed wasn't enough to warm his body up.

"Mommy loves you. You know that, right?" She kissed his forehead, rubbing down his arms in an attempt to warm him up. He didn't respond, instead beginning to hum a random tune to himself, once again.

Once his hand grabbed hers, she knew that he was telling her he loved her too, without saying the words. For Kyzion, his gestures went way further than any word he could manage to get out-which weren't too many.

He'd been diagnosed with Autism and Orthostatic intolerance at the young age of four-and he was currently eight. His diagnosis caused him to have both verbal and social issues, as well as many other side effects.