24

Kyzion sat with his hands resting on his lap, his right hand bouncing in place at a steady rhythm, and of course he wore his natural frown as his expression

While he sat on the smaller white sofa with Nalani, across from them sat Nalani's parents-Nautica and Dremont. They were currently cooing over the baby, their first time seeing him since no extra visitors were allowed at the hospital.

They'd just got home with him yesterday, and Amanda, Elisa, and Jon came to see him-and Kyzion was just as irritated with them as he was with Nautica and Dremont. He didn't like sharing his baby.

The attachment he'd grew over the last four days wasn't like any he'd ever witnessed before. He was literally in love with what him and Nalani had created.

"What's the matter pumpkin?" Nalani rubbed over his furrowed eyebrows, making them relax, looking over at her.

"I want my baby back now, please?" He mumbled, and she smiled, humorously rolling her eyes.

"Okay mama let me see him." Nalani stood from the couch, grabbing Kaell from her arms.

"He's so handsome and such a quiet baby. That's your twin Kazi." Nautica watched as he was placed in Kyzion's arms, who smiled.

"That boy lookin' at his son the same way I looked at all them damn kids of mine." Dremont added, and Nalani laughed as her mom slapped his chest.

"That's our damn cue to leave. Dre you get on my fucking nerves." Nautica led the Ah out, and Nalani followed behind them as they bickered with one another.

She shook her head at them while closing the front door once they'd made it out, shielding her eyes from the sunlight.

"Nalani," Nautica got her attention after her dad had gotten in the car, and Nalani hummed in response.

"Has Kaell been quiet the whole time?" She pondered, a questionable look on her face.

"Yeah. I love it. He only cried for his shots-and whenever he has a full diaper. It's a relief 'cause Skye cried a lot." She emphasized the end while chuckling.

"Did the doctors test him for autism?" She asked her next question, and Nalani's eyebrows furrowed, her smile disappearing.

"You think he's autistic because he doesn't cry?"

"No, I think he is because his father is. It won't hurt to see Nalani." Nautica rubbed her daughter's arm in a soothing manner, and Nalani looked down at her hands.

"I only asked because if he is, it'd be good to get a head start on the diagnosis. That way you can start looking at ways to adapt. I didn't mean for that to be offensive baby." She assured, and Nalani nodded, sighing because she knew that she was right.

"I'll see about it. I love you." She gave her a hug to dismiss the conversation, no longer wanting to talk about it.

After saying a few more words with both of her parents, she headed back in the house, making sure the door was shut behind her.