12

Nalani shivered in her sleep as she grew cold, burying her face deeper into what she thought was her pillow while pulling the covers further over her

Realizing that it actually wasn't her pillow, her eyes opened, adjusting to her surroundings. Once she looked ahead, she came face to face with Sinclair's tattooed chest, making her eyes go wide.

"Shit." She popped up, remembering that she fell asleep here last night. Those were definitely not her plans.

She reached over his muscular body to grab her phone from the nightstand, seeing two missed calls from Kyzion, and an unread text message.

The two texted back and forth for a few minutes while she ordered herself an Uber, and then he left her on 'read' after her last message, making her groan in frustration.

She knew how it looked, but it wasn't like that. She wished she would've told Sinclair to just drop her off at her house before they came to his, but she was having so much fun with Skye that it totally slipped her mind.

On top of that, she didn't even call Kyzion to let him know she wouldn't be coming, and she knew that probably upset him. The universe really wasn't in her favor as of right now.

"What you doin'?" Sinclair's voice rasped, feeling her sit all the way up, and she looked down, just now realizing his arms that were locked around her waist.

"Move. I need to go home." She grabbed his arm, and he let her go, watching as she climbed over him to get out the bed.

"That ass fat as shit Marie." He chuckled, knowing that it would piss her off even more than she currently was.

"Shut the fuck up." She muttered, walking in his bathroom and closing the door behind her. Everything in her wanted to slam it, but she didn't want to wake her daughter up.

She pulled her boxers and panties down, then sat down to pee. After she did so, she washed her hands and did a quick rinse on her face, using one of the brand new toothbrushes in the cabinet to brush her teeth.

Sinclair came inside of the bathroom with her, and she rolled her eyes as he began brushing his teeth as well. Being annoyed with him was beyond an understatement, though she knew this was mostly her fault.