04

Nalani sat at the kitchen table in the house she shared with Sinclair, a bowl of yogurt, granola, strawberries, and a drizzle of honey in front of her

With each bite of her parfait it seemed like she drifted further and further off into her thoughts. She pondered on if she would be making the right decision if she broke up with Sinclair.

To help her decide, Kyzion suggested she make a pros and cons list in all aspects of their relationship, as well as his characteristic traits. So far, Sinclair weighed equally on each side.

She hadn't even realized any of the bad things about him because she was so caught up in seeing the good that he did for her. He really did try, but she wasn't sure if it was enough.

Nalani had been with Sinclair since she was 17, and she was now 23. That was six years, and most of that time was good-but ever since he'd became 'famous', things had started to quickly go downhill. The only thing keeping them as close as they were was their daughter, Skye.

Skye would be four in a few months, and she was the best thing that had ever happened to Nalani. Her baby meant everything to her, and that was the main reason she didn't regret being with Sinclair.

She figured the reason she hadn't broken up with him yet was because she was so used to him. All she knew was him, and up until now, she really hadn't known what it was that she actually deserved.

To her, what she was worth went out the window the first time she'd caught him cheating. He'd only been caught twice, but she was sure there were more. The fact that he didn't reassure her worries was enough to make her believe he was still 'doing him'.

But now, she was falling in love with herself again. She'd recently been spending more time alone in their relationship than she had with him at her side, and she was realizing that she didn't need him as much as she thought she did.

"Why you up so early baby?" Sinclair's raspy voice snapped her from her thoughts, leaning down to kiss the side of her face.

"Waiting for you to get up. We need to talk Sin." She pushed her empty bowl to the side, and his eyebrows furrowed.

"Talk about what? You okay?" He sat beside her, turning her chair so that she faced him.

"No, I'm not. And you don't have to pretend that you care if I am or if I'm not, because I know that you don't." She played with her hands, and his frown deepened, being cut off before he could even disagree with her.

"You can say that you do all you want, but from the way you act-I really can't believe anything you say. Actions speak louder than words, you know?" She briefly paused, chuckling at the cliché phrase.

"You breaking up with me Nalani?" He sensed where this was going, the frown remaining on his face.

"Yeah, I am." She wiped her eye just as a tear fell, and when more of them followed, she covered her face.