03

"Go away

"Go away." Kyzion said without looking up from his book, currently sitting at his desk with a red highlighter in his hand.

"Get out. Move, don't touch that." He shoved Elisa back before she could reach into Ted's mini aquarium, a frown on his face.

"Not you mad. That turtle ugly anyways." She bucked at him, and his frown etched into a more confused one since he didn't understand the point of her bucking.

"Ah." He fake jumped, and she smacked her lips, leaving out of his room.

"Elisa, close the door!" He called out, and once it remained opened, he huffed, turning back towards his book.

The formally printed words on the page were too small for him to entirely focus on, so a magnifying glass occupied his left hand to make them bigger.

He'd just began reading this book two hours ago, and hadn't left his chair since he opened it. He liked to read books in one sitting.

Reading was one of his favorite hobbies, and it proved to be helpful as well. The more books he read, the further his vocabulary expanded-which was how he was able to speak so comprehensively now, compared to when he was a child.

He liked being educated on random topics, but his favorite kind of books were those about animals. They're what interested him the most-especially butterflies.

He'd previously read in Animal Medicine, by Erika Buenaflor, that butterflies symbolized transformation, hope, and delicate beauty. He hoped to one day be able to transform into something better-the same way caterpillars became butterflies.

Kyzion could hear loud music playing from downstairs, so he got up to shut his room door in order to continue reading without being bothered.

He began to pull at the band around his wrist, becoming irritated with how loud the music was blasting through the house.

After grabbing his noise cancellation headphones, he waited to see if it helped, but obviously it didn't because he headed out of his room and down the stairs.

He continued further to get to the basement, or what Elisa considered her 'girl den', pulling harder at the band as the music grew louder.

It wasn't too many people in the basement. From what he could see, it was Jay, Elisa, Elisa's girlfriend, Nalani, Nalani's boyfriend, and some other boy he didn't recognize-who was most likely there for Jay because the two were all over one another.

"Elisa?" He called, his facial expressions rapidly changing as he tried to form a sentence, but couldn't because he was distracted by the music.

"W-would you turn it down please?" He asked her, and when she blatantly ignored him, Nalani hit her shoulder.

"Turn it down." She told her, and Elisa smacked her lips, grabbing her phone from the counter to lower the volume.

"Are you okay Kazi?" She adverted her attention to him, and he locked on her gaze, seeing her sitting in the lap of her boyfriend, Sinclair.