21

"Ok but when will you be here? I don't wanna be late Nalani

"Ok but when will you be here? I don't wanna be late Nalani." Kyzion mumbled, on FaceTime with her per usual. She loved how sweet he kept his tone with her.

Today, Nalani officially hit the four month mark in her pregnancy, and they had previously scheduled her check-up appointment specifically on this day-well, Kyzion had.

While he was home waiting on her to come and get him, Nalani was out shopping with Skye, one of their favorite activities.

Of course Kyzion couldn't be without Nalani for long, and had called her to see when he'd be getting picked up, but only because she wasn't as good with time management as he was.

"I'll be there in an hour Kazi." She chuckled, her AirPods in her ear as she tried to fit a pair of chan sneakers on Skye's small foot.

"You sure?"

"Yes now byeeee." She sung, using her AirPod to end the call, and then smiled as two messages from him immediately came through.

She didn't even check it, knowing that he was probably going off on her for hanging up on him since she knew that he didn't like that.

"Ok baby, do you like these?" Nalani asked after loosely tying them.

"I don't really like that blue strip." Skye pointed at her white shoes, and Nalani held it up to look at it.

"Well. Guess that's a no then, huh?" She pulled the shoe off, and Skye shrugged, randomly kicking her feet back and forth in the seat she sat in.

"This is why I let your daddy shop for shoes. You probably wanna go to Foot Locker and ion like you for that." Nalani told her, smiling once she laughed.

She was a sneaker head just like her father, and Nalani was as well-the only difference being that Nalani liked high end shoes while they liked Jordan's and shoes like that.

Nalani loved to play dress up with her daughter, but she was such a daddy's girl that she even had his clothing mannerisms. She'd rather wear shorts, a T-shirt and a pair of sneakers over a dress and Chanel sandals.

Nalani would buy either or, but that didn't mean she had to like it. Skye could have whatever she wanted though, and her mom would just have to settle for it until she wanted to dress up.

"Mommy can we go to Auntie Anne's next?" Skye asked as they walked to check out to pay for some shoes for Nalani.

"Yeah baby. You wanna go to another store, or no?" She swiped her card for the shoes the clerk was bagging up, and then entered her pin.

"Nope." Skye held her hand, and she chuckled, grabbing the three bags from the employee, and then they walked out of the store.

After leaving the store, the two of them went to the Auntie Anne's and ordered two cinnamon sugar pretzels, two cups of pretzel dog bites, and then two lemonades.