02

"I ordered the Sony one, 32inches I think

"I ordered the Sony one, 32inches I think." The woman standing in front of Kyzion told him after checking her phone.

"Ok well, you wait here, and I'll go check on it and then help you take it to your car." He said, and she nodded, locking her phone.

"I didn't used to do that because the old carts were stiff and hard to push, but the new ones are smooth and fast, and I like to pretend I'm in a video game. I be right back." He pointed, going towards the back of the store to find the TV that she ordered.

Kyzion was currently at work, on the last hour of his shift at Best Buy. He couldn't wait to get off and prepare for his non-date with Nalani.

Most adults on the spectrum didn't have jobs, but Kyzion enjoyed independence and freedom, so he found somewhere that was quiet and didn't have any too many customers.

He didn't actually need the job because Amanda bought him literally anything that he asked for, but he wanted something else to do with his time rather than just sit in the house all day.

Today was Saturday, so he only worked until 12pm, and he'd been there since eight this morning. It had been a typically slow day, and he'd been fidgety-probably because he was nervous for his non-date.

"Okay, here's your TV, and so now, you can go. Because I have other stuff to do in the store. Is this okay?" He referred to how he'd positioned the TV in the lady's trunk, and she chuckled, nodding.

"It's perfect. Thank you." She closed her trunk, and he nodded as well, turning to walk back into the building.

"Ok. Goodbye." He said while facing the opposite direction, hearing her laugh from behind him, making him frown in confusion. He hadn't made a joke.

"Kazi, your shift ended ten minutes ago." His assistant manager, Todd, patted his shoulder to greet him.

He was aware of Kyzion's diagnosis, obviously, and he knew that sometimes he could need a little extra help around the store and figured that maybe the time had just slipped his mind.

"Oh, I know." He frowned, unsure of why Todd was saying something that was quite obvious. He knew how to read a clock.

"I just have a date-I mean, not a date. 'Cause she has a boyfriend, so, yeah. So I'm just working." He shrugged, gesturing with his hands.

"Oh-ohhh? Okay then. I know how that goes. You take all the time that you need." Todd chuckled after realizing that he was nervous, then patted his shoulder again before walking off.

Kyzion nodded, beginning to pull the band that was around his wrist so that it snapped against his skin, walking to grab his bag from the back of the store.

"Backpack. Don't forget the backpack." He muttered to himself, feeling his skin begin to sting as he went to the employee's room.

He opened his personal locker, grabbing his backpack and then he left out, heading for the front entrance that he'd be exiting from.