19

Nalani stood in her bathroom mirror, the bottom half of her oversized shirt resting over her chest so that she could look at her stomach

The pudge in the lower half of her stomach was very obvious, plus it was hard to the touch. She had the same belly curvature when she was a few weeks pregnant with Skye. Yet this time, she was much further along.

This would be the third month she hadn't had her period, and she knew that after missing her first one that she was pregnant. Her period had always been steady, and she had never missed one, even with changing birth control three times over the last few years.

Another obvious dead giveaway confirmation was the four positive, clear blue pregnancy tests in front of her that read '3+ weeks'.

Her conception date matched around the week she'd last had sex with Sinclair, but she had sex with Kyzion literally three days after that, so unfortunately, she wasn't sure who was the father of her unborn child.

That's the reason she hadn't told either of them yet. She wanted to try and figure it out before telling the father, but that had proven to be harder than she'd thought. So now, she had to break the news to both and get a DNA mouth swab from one of them.

"Nalani?" Kyzion's voice called out, and she quickly pulled her shirt down, snapping from the self-induced daze.

"I'm here baby. You okay?" She put the tests in the far back of her front bathroom drawer, then walked out.

"Yeah. I brought you some food if that's okay," He entered her bedroom, his duffel bag on his shoulder and his body was coated in sweat. He leaned his head down, and she tilted hers back to meet his lips for a kiss.

"Was KD 'nem nice to you?" She asked, watching him place a bag of Chick-Fil-A on the dresser for her.

"I'm not a kid Lani, you don't have to ask me that." He chuckled, putting his gym bag in the closet, and he took his shoes off while he was in there.

"So. Were they nice or not?" She folded her arms, and he smiled, nodding his head.

"Yeah. Me and Ten won the game. 52 to 46." He told her, referring to the basketball game he'd been playing for the last two hours before he got dropped back off by Boomer.

"Per usual. Pretty sure you gone beat them next week too." She chuckled, crawling towards the top of her bed with her bag of food.

Kyzion had been playing basketball with KD, Ben, and Joe every other weekend since he'd first met them. The other three always switched out to be on his team because he was cold on the court. He won every time.

He'd also played against them on his Xbox plenty of times. They were his first friends, and they didn't treat him any different than they treated each other despite his diagnosis, and he was very appreciative of that.

"You took your medicine today papa?" She asked him, shower water now running from the bathroom while he stood in front of her dresser to get his clothes out.