The Watcher's Game(prologue)

...

Mumbo wasn't sure when he first started playing 'Minecraft'. It was simply too addicting.. but then Minecraft was deleted from the web worldwide.

...The weirdest part?

..no one knew why.

Mojang hadn't said a word. All worker's social media was gone, leaving players distraught and confused worldwide.

Rip off games started to appear, none as great as the original.

So, Mumbo was left without a hobby. He just couldn't get into any other game, no game could compare to Minecraft. Which wasn't..too bad of a problem. He just didn't have a way to spend time anymore. 

...

Or so he thought..

July 18th, 2022 a new game was released.
"The Watcher's Game" by Barge incorporated.
"The Watcher's game" or TWG was a VR game that was compatible with all devices, and you could play it without VR. That's what made it popular, as long as you had a device you could play it.

Barge Inc.'s creator was faceless, making the creator very Popular online. They went by the name "Xelqua".

Xelqua was..an enigma to say the least, but that's not what drew Mumbo to the game. What drew Mumbo to the game was the fact that TWG reminded him a bit of Minecraft.

Mumbo had no idea why the game reminded him of Minecraft. They were nothing alike! The graphics were completely different. Minecraft was a block game where as TWG was a more 'anime-style' game. Minecraft had multiple modes, where as TWG only had one game mode. There were so many differences between the games, but Mumbo couldn't shake the feeling "Minecraft" and "TWG" were connected. Apparently many people agreed with him, like the popular YouTuber, Xisuma.

Mumbo had watched videos made by YouTubers online, but he mostly watched Xisuma. He was the very first TWG Beta Tester, he bought the game as soon as it came out.  He streamed almost everyday for a week, showing how each function worked and some glitches you could exploit currently. The series was 25 episodes in when it was suddenly taken down.

The series was gone for a month before Xisuma finally explained what had happened. Xisuma was having legal difficulties keeping the series up because TWG was not officially released to the public yet. An admin had contacted youtube and all TWG related videos were taken down. However, Xisuma had managed to send a message directly to Xelqua asking if he could possibly continue the series and if not, at least repost the series. 

A day later, Xelqua wrote back a reply: 

"I am perfectly fine with you continuing the series! I actually encourage you to stream. It'll help TWG gain more popularity. Its fine if you repost the old videos as well. My team has already fixed the exploits you used, and i'm fine with you showing new exploits in your future videos. It makes the game more exciting! Feel free to include this email in your video as well, just in case my team asks about it.

Also, I'd like to thank you for supporting TWG in its beta. As a thanks, I am giving you your own private server. 

The World Seed:######, ####, ###

If you need any help, feel free to contact me and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. 

-Xelqua
Ps. I use He/Him pronouns. I noticed you using They/Them pronouns in your videos, thank you for not assuming my gender. "

Xelqua was very polite about the situation and even sounded excited for people to stream his game. 

Needless to say, Mumbo was excited for the release. Especially because the email had mentioned that Xisuma had permission to open his own private server soon and that the public servers were opening soon as well!

////

It happened sooner than Mumbo thought! Xisuma released an official video of the construction of the new server.

"Hey guys! Welcome back to my channel. As you can see we are in a new game. As many of you have probably already guessed, yes this is my new private server in TWG. 

Currently it's under construction. The world itself is done but we contacted Xelqua to enlist the help of a couple of builders and coders to make sure there are no bugs and make the world a little nicer. 

The server will be open on July 29th. If you'd like to join please send me an email. All that is required is a youtube channel and a small detail of your skills.

If nothing else, I hope to see you soon on hermitcraft."