Chapter 8: The Girl's Envision (Struggle for Trost 2/9)

*opening starts*

The dark clouds formed up at the high sky. Armin has lost it as Connie is shaking Armin to wake up back to reality.

Connie: Hey! Hey!! What's wrong Armin?! Pull yourself together! Hey! Armin! Hey, Armin! Hey!

Finally, Armin snaps back to reality as he saw Connie with a mix of worried and fear on his face. 

Connie: You with me?! You okay?!

Connie and the rest of his team are here securing Armin's location.

Connie: Are you all right? Where's your squad?

Armin: Squad...?

Connie: Oh, man. Pull yourself together. Why are you all by yourself? Plus you're all wet and slimy... What the heck happened?

But then, Armin starts getting flashbacks of what happened. Mina's "death", Squad's downfall and Eren's last life. 

Armin: AAAAAAH! *clutches his head* You're so useless! Just die already!

Connie: Whoa! Calm down, Armin! 

Armin: Damn it!

Connie: Where is everyone?!

Ymir: Give it a rest, Connie. They've been wiped out. All but him.

Connie: Shut up! Armin hasn't said anything!

Ymir: Just look around. It's obvious. We don't got any more time to waste on him.

Connie: Why is he the only one who's okay?!

Ymir: Beats me. Maybe they thought he was a corpse? It sucks that they ran into multiple Titans and that only this  underachiever made it out alive. Eren and the others worked hard for nothing.

Connie: You...! Want me to make it so you never talk again?!

The argument is going too far as Krista and another voice tries to make them stop the argue immediately.

Krista: Stop it, you two! We're all shaken up here! All our friends are suddenly dying left and right! It's natural!

Ymir: *puts her arm over Krista* That's my Krista! Marry me when this is over! *laughs*

Connie: Yeah, right... *mutters* She is clowning around more than usual.

Connie goes back to Armin.

Connie: Anyways, we can't stay here. Can you stand, Armin?!

Armin just teared up still remembering the dying moment a few hours ago.

Armin: I... I'm sorry for the trouble. *walks away* I'll rendezvous with the rearguard.

Armin walks away and just needs to be alone for now.

Connie: Hey, Armin!

Connie looks even more worried about him.

Cadet (B): Let's go, Connie! We've been ordered to advance!

Connie follows up to his team, taking one last glance of where Armin go to.

Armin now seeing trails of blood on the ground.

Armin: 'This is hell... NO, it hasn't become hell. I was just mistaken until now. This world has always been a hell, from the very start.'

He remembers the beat up from the bullies, at how powerless he is to fight back against it.

Armin: 'The strong prey the weak. It's such a simple, straightforward world. It's just, my friends...'

He also remembers Eren and Mikasa helping him and the cloaked man who warns the bullies to death.