Chapter 16: Gundam's Trial

The world is cruel, and the smell of corruption attracts my nose every day. The day I revealed myself in front of everybody, raises more questions.

What's with Rico's face full of sadness mixed with betrayal?
What will be my friend's reaction?
What about my true goal, should I tell them?
What should I tell them about myself?

The screen goes black and captions appeared

A few hours ago

Interior of Wall Sina

Rumors have spread about the Gundam and Eren's Titan have fought in the battle side-by-side like a wild fire in Wall Sina. The humans who's only minds are in comfort have no idea what sweat and blood have they gone through in the battle.

???: Hey, is it true that two Titans sided with humans?

???: That's obviously just a rumor. I bet the recapture plan failed and loads of people from Wall Rose are gonna flee here.

???: If that happens, we'll have food shortages in no time flat.

???: Man, please tell me those Wall Rose people aren't gonna show up here with this Titan friend of theirs... 

Wall Rose

???: This is huge news! We have Titans on our side now! Who knows, maybe we can even retake Wall Maria!

???: It's almost like it's... it's... our saviors!

Crowd: OH!

Courtroom

A carriage is on the way here, for the Trials

???: Saviors, huh? 

A man goes by the name of Nile Dawks is just waiting for someone.

Nile: Throughout history, commoners have always been a rash lot.

???: I can see this triggering a revolt against the central powers...

Nile: Not if we, the Military Police, dispose of Eren Jaeger and Vidar first.  I won't let those Scout Regiment deviants have them. 

Then the carriage has arrived and Nile shouts.

Nile: Fall in!

A man gets out of the carriage.

Nile: Hail to the Premier!

They saluted and the man named Dhalis Zachary just nods and moves on

Mike: It's certainly hot.

Wall Rose

Erwin: Commander Pyxis.

Erwin and Pyxis are walking by the walls, talking about the trial.

Erwin: You're the top commander of the Garrison Regiment and I'm a commanding officer of the Scout Regiment. Won't some disapprove of us meeting like this?

Pyxis: Oh, you're as straight-laced as the rumors say. Still, this is just a morning walk. We only met by happenstance. So let's chat during our little stroll. Have you heard that the Military Police wants to take custody of Eren Jaeger and Vidar?

Erwin: Yes, I received word yesterday. They're going to hold a deliberation on the matter.

Pyxis: Mm. 

They stopped when they reached the top of the gate of Wall Rose.

Pyxis: It falls entirely to Zachary to decide whether the Scouts gets them or the Military gets them. 

Erwin: Zachary... You mean Premier Dhalis Zachary?

Pyxis: He oversees the 3 regiments; the MP, the Garrison, and the Scouts. He will base his decision on one thing: whether their existence is beneficial or harmful for humanity. If they deem them a detriment, he won't hesitate to have them executed. Right there, on the spot, even.