Fifteen

Flashback
Mommy where are we going? The young vampire questioned as she held her mothers hand.
  I'm taking you hunting my little voodoo doll.
But mommy I'm not ready. It's too scary. Avani whined, looking up at her mother.
  You'll have to toughen up one day or another. Now you see that deer? You're going to do just as I say.
  Avani looked around, looking for the deer and she spotted it. Her heart was racing. She didn't know what to do.
  Just chase after it and attack it. Bite it's neck and suck the blood right out of the wound.
   Young Avani couldn't do it. She was terrified. She doesn't like taking lives from innocent minds.
  Go. Now! Her mom shouted and pushed her forward.
  I don't want to! Avani began crying and her mom pushed her again. Do it. Now.
  I said I don't want to! Avani screamed loudly, pulling her hands away from her mother and dropping her arms to her sides.
  Everything around her including her mom flew away from her.
  Lightning struck and Avani went running.
She didn't know what to do and her mother was chasing after her.
  Come back Avani!

Avani awoke, panicking and sweating. Panicking so much that charli was woken from her deep slumber.
  Charli instantly wrapped her arms around her, pulling her closer. Shhhh shh sh. It's okay Vani.
  Charli comforted her fiancé. She held her close to her chest and whispered small but comforting things in her ear.
Avani has never had a nightmare while sleeping next to Charli but tonight was really different.
  Shhh don't say anything. Just breathe my love. It's okay, I have you.
   Charli closed her eyes and tried to see what Avani was seeing but she didn't understand it at all.
  I know. I know it's humiliating. Avani covered her face with her hands, trying to hide her embarrassed face.
  It's not humiliating my love. I understand. It's okay I got you.
  Charli just rubbed her fiancé's back while whispering sweet nothings into her ear.
No need to worry my love. I know it's alot. I love you so much.
  Avani played with the ring on Charli's finger while trying to calm down. She took loads of deep breaths but nothing seemed to work.
  Charli kissed Avani's head and Got up. She realized Avani really liked when charli did her hair. Charli sat back down with Avani in her lap and began combing her hair very gently.
  After she braided Avani's hair Avani finally smiled.
A-after my mom was caught and killed I never had anyone to do these things for me. I really appreciate having you in my life Char, you were really what I needed.
  Oh Love. Charli pulled Avani in to a tight hug and kissed her head.
  I'm always going to be here for you because I love you so much. I can't wait to get married to you. Charli pulled out of the hug and looked at her lovers eyes.
  She was crying still, but Charli was still really, really calm and patient with her.
  Charli always knows what Avani wants and needs, it's like reading an open book but not everyone knew Avani like charli does.
  Oh pretty, I hate being so upset around you. You deserve to to be cuddled and kissed and pampered. Not me. Avani pulled Charli in for a kiss after wiping what tears remained on her cheeks.
  I don't mind it my love. I love you so much and if some attention and pampering is what you need, I'm going to give it to you because you are my everything.
  Avani placed a small kiss on her fiancé's forehead before laying down. Come on. Let's get back to sleep pretty.
  Avani kept the blanket raised so Charli could scoot under and snuggle into her chest like before.
  I love you so much.