Twenty

No char why? Dixie asked and charli looked around. I smell blood. Like fresh blood and it smells so familiar.
Charli began walking deeper into the woods searching for whatever was bleeding. A small, withered help was heard from far away so charli followed it.
   She looked around and found someone chained to a tree.
   With multiple, really thick chains. On her ankles and arms and one around her neck.
  Charli looked placed her finger on the girls chin and lifted her face.
   Pretty? The girl whimpered and Charlis eyes instantly filled with tears.
  Charli you shouldn't be here. A man said from behind the girls.
  Fuck off Marc. Let her go now. Dixie demanded and he laughed.
  It isn't safe to have her roaming our city. How did you even-
  I fucking knew you were lying. Go away! Charli screamed, throwing him to the ground, giving her enough time to break each chain and pick up Avani. Dixie got on Charlis back and they began running home.
   Dixie where have you two been I've been worried sick. Addison said as Dixie walked in the house first.
  You're okay my love. I got you.
Charli held on to her fiancé as she limped into the house. Addison's face dropped and she ran to help the girls.
Oh my god. Oh my god what happened? How-
It's a long story but at least I have her back. Charli grunted as she picked Avani up and took her to the bed.
I'm gonna get you a some blood and a bath. Charli kissed Avani's head and walked downstairs and in to the garage where there was a mini fridge with bags of blood.
She knew Avani wasn't going to survive another day if she didn't have this in her system.
She went into the kitchen and poured it into a glass and took it up to Avani before running a bath for her.
I really missed you char. I'm so sorry all of this happened. Avani whimpered as charli brought her to the bathroom.
It's okay baby. Don't apologize, it isn't your fault. Charli calmly said, placing Avani in the tub.
Avani's eyes screwed closed as the wounds on her body began to sting.
I know my love. I'll fix them for you. Charli whispered as she kissed Avani's head. Avani smiled but tears flowed out of her eyes.
I really missed you Char. The past week has been hell without you. What if he comes back? Avani whimpered as charli washed her body.
He won't my love. We're gonna move far away from here.
W-what about Dixie and Addi. They aren't safe either.
They can move with us my love. I don't want to be around Marc anymore so I was thinking Connecticut?
I've never been to Connecticut. What will Dixie and Addi think?
I don't know baby. I really don't. Let's get you changed so we can spend some time together. Charli said, draining the tub and grabbing a towel.
After a while of them cuddling and talking about everything and nothing Avani fell asleep however, charli was completely restless.
She just watched as her fiancés chest rose and fell with every breath she took. Charli was so glad she found Avani before anything else could have happened.
She couldn't help but to think about what would have happened if her and Dixie weren't at the lake that night.
Charli placed a kiss on Avani's head and watched as a small smile appeared on her face.
Avani gently groaned and opened her eyes. Baby why aren't you sleeping? She asked in a tired voice.
I couldn't fall asleep. A lot on my mind. Charli replied, playing with Avani's hair.
I can stay up with you my love. Avani quickly said.
No baby. I think it's best if you catch up on your rest. Look at your eyes my love. You're exhausted.
Are you sure?
Yes my love. I love you so much. Charli smiled, placing a gentle kiss on her lips.
I love you more. Avani nuzzled her face into Charli's neck and smiled. Ugh I missed you so much. Avani smiled, placing a small kiss on Charli's jaw.
I missed you more.