Nineteen

Charli has been different these past few weeks Dixie. And I know, it could be the grief but she's acting more, how do I put this. Vampire-ish. Addison said as she sat a cup of tea infront of Dixie.
She's just gonna need some time to adjust Addi. She doesn't know how to express her feelings anymore since you know. Avani.
I'm gonna go take her some breakfast. I'll be back down shortly. Addison kissed Dixie's head and made her way to the stairs. She took a deep breath and knocked on the cracked door.
Breakfast char. Addison walked in and saw charli sipping on a glass of blood. Charli never did this unless Avani was around, mainly because Avani could control Charlis vampire-ish urges.
  Charli ignored Addison and just stood there, looking out the window. Just set it on the table. She lowly said as she turned her head to the side.
  Okay. I'll be back up soon to grab the plate. Addison walked out and shut the door all the way.
   Charli was done crying. She was stone cold, now one of the strongest vampires out there.
  She opened the window, climbing onto the roof into direct sunlight, feeling her body burn and glisten in the sparkling sunlight.
  She felt a weird feeling of relief run through her body. She let out a loud scream. One that was high enough to break glass, which it did.
  Dixie came running in, looking really concerned but she couldn't find charli, just a single broken window. Dixie climbed on to the roof, sitting next to charli and pulled her into a hug.
  I have you Charli. I know Avani's out there. She's strong char. You just have to give it time.
   Dixie. She's gone. She's dead. If she was caught by humans she's truly gone. Sure she was the "strongest" vampire but humans are capable of so much more than you think.
Charli sighed, looking deep into the woods where Avani proposed at.
It looked so empty. She began climbing off of the roof and Dixie followed. Where are you going?
I need to show you something. Charli said as she grabbed Dixie and jumped over the high fence. Dixie's eyes widened as she gripped on to her younger sisters hoodie.
This is where Avani proposed. Right here on these rocks over here. The moon was right above us and it made the ring look so bright and shiny and oh my god, her eyes were just so. So beautiful. She did everything right and made me feel so loved. I don't understand how she was ever bad in the first place. What because she's a vampire? Well so am I. And I'm not a bad one either. Not all vampires are bad. Marc just needs to figure that out.
I hate him. I really do. Charli sat down and began crying.
Dixie sat down too and placed her hand on her younger sisters back.
   Char. I - I'm really sorry about everything. I really could have saved Avani from dad but I guess sneaking in through the back door and hiding from her was more important. God i hate myself. Dixie placed her hand over her face and looked around.
  No Dixie. She went missing when she went out to grab some things for our anniversary.
  I was supposed to go with her though. Dixie added and looked down.
  It's alright dix. It really is but I just wish. I wish she was here. Like right here. With us.
   I know you do Charles.
Charli stood up. Dixie are you bleeding at all? Did you get a scratch or something?
   No char why?