Chapter 1

M A X

Another crappy hotel, another half eaten meal and another fight with my boyfriend. I'm living the dream. Note my sarcasm.

I'm exhausted from running and I'm all sweaty. I need a shower and I need something more to eat.

I guess I shouldn't complain after all I'm not at the abusive orphanage and I'm with my boyfriend so it's not the worst place to be.

"Get up, we need more money." Josh says grabbing his knife.

I know some people would say running away with your older boyfriend was reckless and a bad idea but at the orphanage they would always tell us we were troubled kids, that we were freaks and no one wanted us. Josh was the one person who made me feel alive and wanted.

I sit up from the bed "why? We shouldn't steal more then two places they'll find us easier that way." I try to explain but with him it doesn't seem to matter.

He shrugs "I was thinking we should go to one of the fancier places. You know they have the higher priced jewels."

I roll my eyes at him "those places have more security and I hate to break it to you but we don't exactly look the part."

He eyes me "that's why I won't be going in. You will."

I'm surprised at his suggestion but I know where his mind is going. He wants me to flirt or use the sympathy card on one of the elder men. We did it once a long time ago and it happened by accident. It wasn't supposed to happen again.

"Josh no I'm not doing that." It disgusted me that his mind came to that idea.

"Come on we need more money. You don't want us to starve to death do you?" He talks as if I'm stupid but we've been through this all before.

I don't want to give in but he does have a point. I will not be going back to that hell- hole they call an orphanage.

"Fine but just this once." I don't plan on following josh but I do. The plan on stealing as much as possible my own way.

"Yes great babe. Now I'll give you my knife and a small bag, try to get as much as possible." He smiles at me something in his eyes holds admiration for me.

I'm happy to make him proud it actually makes me feel like I'm doing something right which comes rarely in my life.

Most of my life was filled with misery. No parents. No love. But I always had Josh.

We shared that in common. No one to love but each other.

 No one to love but each other