Chapter 19

M A X

"What are we doing here?" I ask Antonio as we get out of the car and I stare up at the big mansion.

It's way bigger than Antonio's house and I still haven't figured out what we're doing here. I take my time to observe it but the name on the mail box makes me frown.

'the Ricci family.'

Why would he bring me to his family home?

I can only imagine the talks we're gonna have.

I have to physically resist the urge to roll my eyes.

"This is going to be our new home for a while."

Did I hear right?

I mean there's no harm in staying in a big mansion but-

"You guys are finally here! I was beginning to think Max ran away again." Leo says bursting through the front doors like a mad man.

Leo runs over and swings his arm around my shoulder forcing me to walk with him up to the house, the closer we get the bigger it gets.

We pass by a brooding looking Romeo and a half smiling Matteo as we enter however, I don't feel Antonio following us.

I glance behind me but frown as I see Antonio staying behind outside and unloading a car.

When did that car get here?

Oh no, he's unpacking our stuff.

What have I gotten myself into?

Leo smirks with a knowing look in his eyes, "I'll show you your new room, don't worry I made sure no one painted it pink."

"Thanks" I mumble having no other choice but to follow him. I have no choice in any of this, I have to live here with all of them.

I have no doubt in my mind that all of this is a plan to keep me in line and keep an eye on me.

It's not like I can blame Antonio for it, I have been a handful.

I just wish he would have talked to me about it first, I'm not sure if I feel comfortable living with so many guys.

I mean I don't think they would hurt me or make me feel uncomfortable but trust is hard thing for me to give.

Even to Leo who has shown me nothing but kindness and he's been nothing but friendly, I still can't trust him fully.

I can't trust everyone. We all had secrets and I'm not sure how they would be if they knew all of mine.

"So do you like it." Leo asks sitting on the bed, now I finally look around the whole room.

My room.

It's huge and I mean really huge, I get my own massive bathroom, walk in closet, and king sized bed all in one room.

"I- I love it." I smile and decided that the nicer approach is how I should play this.