Chapter 31

M A X

Grace and I giggle, yes I'm giggling so hard because we have the perfect plan to make Romeos room into the perfect "man cave" as grace put it.

She said he would love some posters and what not, I'm not sure about this but its fun to decorate someone elses room.

I'm not sure if he will be happy or angry, I mean it's not like he's staying here forever, we are only here for two more days.

Hopefully he'll like it, I know deep down in the long run I want him to like me, it at least have some type of relationship.

I'm sure he'll appreciate the effort I'm making, god now I'm sounding like grace.

"Okay stay here and I'll bring him in so we can surprise him." Grace says smiling so much and it's contagious I cant stop my smile either.

I nod and let her go, looking around at everything. We did one hell of a job.

"Ok don't look" grace comes in with a Romeo holding his eyes closed.

He groans slightly but follows her directions, still his eyes closed tight as he walks in probably not knowing I'm here.

"Surprise!" Grace and I say at the same time as she unclasps her hands off his eyes and he opened them, they widen and at first things are paused.

He opens his mouth wide but just before his eyes widen and he looks angry at..me.

I'm surprised at the hurt that hits my chest as grace smiles so much the opposite of his reaction.

It's not what I'm expecting as he yells, "what the hell max!"

I blink in surprise, not really expecting this type of reaction.

"What did you do?"

"You shouldn't be in here, messing and going through my stuff!" He says angrily as grace looks just as surprised.

Grace blinks and looks between us, "relax Romeo we both just did this." She explains as he shakes his head.

Clearly all his anger is directed at me but I have no idea how to deal with it, I hate how much he is effecting me right now, I honestly wanted to get along with him but now hes acting like I killed his cat.

"No grace don't cover for Max, clearly she wanted to Snoop" Romeo accuses again glaring at me.

Leo comes in behind him, frowing as he overheard "hey hey what's going on in here?"

I frown slightly, tears are forming in the back of my head but I refuse to let them drown over.

"Nothing..Grace and I wanted to do something nice for you, I wanted to but clearly you don't like me and probably never will."

Romeo looks a little taken back but I don't care, I need to get out of here before anyone sees me crying.

"Romeo..what is she talking about?" Leo asks again but I quickly rush past him, leaving Romeo and grace.

I can hear grace and Leo trying to talk to me but I hurry away and lock myself in my own guest room.

I take deep breaths but the tears just fall and I'm crying against the door, I let my knees go weak and fall.