Chapter 10

A N T O N I O
Violence warning ⚠️

The man screams again as Matteo rams a knife in his thigh.

Matteo grits his teeth spitting in the man's face, "keep talking joe. Who took our money?"

Matteo always knew the best torture methods, earlier I had to convince him not to use fire torture on the guy.

Matteo may seem calm and collected on the outside but on the inside he's a dark soul who you never mess with. He usually keeps a cool fasade but he had a temper.

"I-i don't know" the man Joe whimpers and cries out in pain.

I just watch as Matteo knifes him until death, it takes a truly dark person to knife someone until death but Matteo looks unfazed.

He roughly takes his gloves off "damn, I'm sorry Antonio he wouldn't talk."

I nod still my eyes on the dead body layed bloody on the ground.

I wonder if he had a family?

We just killed him for no reason.

My thoughts go to Max. Would I truly be able to protect her from this life?

I hope so.

"Antonio?" Matteo breaks me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah just get ride of the body and we'll have to figure something else out." I say disssmising him as I walk out of the warehouse.

Max is still shopping at the mall with Leo and Romeo, I hope he's being nice or at least making an effort. I want max to trust us it would make everything so much easier.

Matteo hates the clean up job but if he's the one to loose control then he's the one to clean it up.

I've been running the mafia the best I can, with the help of my brothers. Max had definitely made things a little harder but I'm willing to make it work. I don't want anyone in the mafia knowing about her, at least not yet.

I have to keep my guard up and maybe even add more cameras around the house. Thinking about cameras reminds me of that boy.

As I wait in the car for Matteo to finish the job, I can't help but think about that boy sneaking into her room without my knowledge. I went through the camera footage and saw everything.

I didn't get a good look at his face but I knew they had just talked but damnit I wanted to kill him for even looking at her.

I really need some therapy if I'm thinking about killing a teenage boy but max should know better, she's only 14 and I want to make it clear who makes the rules.

I went easy on her because she's still not comfortable around me, I want to give her space and time but when it comes to dating I will be in forcing the law.

No boys.

Ever.

Matteo comes into the passenger side and he looks tired, but eyes me suspiciously "your tense? Relax Romeo and I will find the bastard that's been stealing from us."