Chapter 5

M A X

Through the car ride I kept my eyes trained on Antonio, learning his body language trying to figure out if I could trust him or not.

Not gonna lie, Antonio scared me. He had the same features as me and everything but he was so tall and had tattoos all over. Was I really meant to be living with him?

Don't people do background checks anymore? Rather than handing me off to a complete stranger. I can't believe how fast everything was moving, I didn't have time to see Josh or text him to explain.

Antonio basically threatened me. I hate how panicked I was.

Maybe, if I act like a brat he'll let me go. That's exactly what I'm gonna do but without pushing him too far. I can't afford to get beat up or killed.

I could be exaggerating but someone as intimidating and rich as him could easily kill me and make it look like an accident.

I found out right away who he was just by a simple search.

Antonio ricci was a billionaire born into a big, rich family. They were known for there hotels and restaurants in particular. I also saw an article about the mafia, whatever that is.

I knew just by searching him up what kind of man he was. I don't belong here, not with him or his family.

I belong on the streets with Josh by my side being an Invisible bystandard as the world keeps moving on without us.

Josh is probably so worried, I hope he doesn't do anything stupid.

I'm so worried about him.

"Are you sure you don't want anything, we could stop by McDonald's or Wendy's if you prefer?" He asks once again.

Time to start my plan.

"Actually I prefer vegan food." I say trying to find the right tone to use.

He smiles "that's fine, we can stop by a sit down. I'm sure we can find you something." He sounds so polite and laid-back about it.

It irritates me. I don't want vegan food, I love cheese burgers to much.

My plan might be harder then I thought.

He was actually nice or maybe nice was a strong word but he didn't treat me like a burden, he was trying.

I can't blame him for that.

Was I going to get through this?

I could try to get to know him and have a relationship, it doesn't sound all that bad to have a family and food on my plate.

Before my thoughts drift any further my phone beebs again and I take a chance to glance at it.

Josh: "I found out what happened, I'll try to get to you as fast as I can."

How could I have forgotten him?

I really need to put my head on straight.

Josh would come for me and we will be happy together, no one could make me forget.

Yet here I was.

No way am I going to let a family or the idea get into my head. I was not going to be caught in that trap.

"Max, what are you thinking?" I find Antonio looking at me with worry? No he's just curious.

"What- nothing" I say forcing a small smile back at him.

"Okay" he looks sceptical but then looks away sighing as he does.

"Let's get something to eat then." He says and we go into the restaurant with silence.

All I can think about is josh.