Chapter 16

M A T T E O

Call me sick, call me delusional, call me crazy.

All those words can describe me and more but no one can say I don't care about my family.

I brought this teenage boy here hoping for answers but all I got was a mouth full of bullshit. I didn't have a choice, I had to dive that knife into his leg.

Just like how I had to duck tape his mouth to keep him quiet.

No one can hear from miles but I want him to think they can, it makes him hope for a while at least until Antonio comes.

I can't stop my actions, just the thought of him hurting max sent me over the edge. I felt an unusual feeling when I first met max I wanted to protect her just like Antonio felt.

I know she's Antonios daughter but she's my niece. It's a bond that never breaks just like family.

Romeo acts like he doesn't care but deep down I know the anger will explode eventually.

I may be the interrogator but he's the deadly one. Especially when he keeps it all under the surface, hiding it until it explodes.

"We don't have time for this, just kill the boy and get it over with," Romeo says which makes the boy whine and struggle against the rope holding him down on the chair.

I let out an audible sigh "Antonio wants answers, we have to keep him alive."

I try to explain for the hundred time but Romeo acts like this is a huge waste of his time. In my opinion it is we could just kill him and make it look like an accident but I also know Antonio makes the rules.

I'm willing to follow...

For now.

Or just until the boy pisses me off. That hasn't happened yet but I'm still waiting for him to say something about Max, however he's been unsettlingly quite.

The biggest mistake was playing dumb.

That's when I had to show him my knife, even through his cries of pain he didn't mention knowing Max.

"Max is safely at home, in bed so let's get this over with," Antonio comes straight through the door while rolling up his sleeves.

He looks exhausted yet, angry?

It's hard to tell with him. Being taught by dad and becoming a Mafia boss has certainly trained him to hide his emotions.

I'm one to talk but he's been the best at it, even at the hardest times it's always come easy for him.

Romeo mutters something under his breath and rips, I mean full on rips the duck tape off the boys mouth, which makes him gasp in pain.

"Mother fucker!" The boy curses glaring up at Romeo but of course it doesn't bother him as he passes by with a smile.

I can't help but roll my eyes, nothing we do is going to change the outcome of the boys fate it's all up to Antonio now.

Antonio stands in front of him, changing his face into something deadly.

I watch in the background as Antonio leans in and speaks in a hushed tone to the boy, "so are you ready to talk now? I hear you were with my daughter."