Chapter 18

A N T O N I O

She lied to me.

Again.

She lie's constantly and I'm so tired of it. Kids really don't get it do they?

I sometimes wish I didn't care but I do, I want nothing more then to protect her after knowing about her past.

I wanted to give her a better life, she is my daughter and I wish I would have known sooner.

However, I can't force something if she doesn't want to stay here I would let her go. If course I'd make sure she goes into a better home but I would still let her go if that's what she really wanted.

The problem is she won't tell me what she wants, I'm no child whisperer and I can't read her mind.

I sit in my cold, dark office while drinking an old wine that tastes like garbage. I made sure to check on max a few times to see her sleeping in bed and I made myself a drink.

I have a feeling I'm gonna need more alcohol the longer she stays here.

She won't let me in.

I wish I could blame her but I'm the same way, I'm trying to shield her from the dangerous world.

I know all too well how dark the world is, if your in my type of business it's worse.

Speaking of business, Romeos name lights up my phone causing me to finish the glass of wine, no doubt ready to curse up a storm for getting stuck with the dirty job of collecting money.

I don't sell personally and I normally wouldn't let him go out and collect the earnings, we have people for that but he had to keep an eye on that josh boy.

There was no way I would let him go so easily.

I had to make it a point to stay far away from Max, I don't understand how he could claim to love her then leave her for a little cash.

I sighs and shake my head from these thoughts, I couldn't handle anymore on that useless boy.

"What?" I spout on to the phone only to hear a deep growl on the other side.

"I handled everything, a little appreciation would be nice."

I roll my eyes, "thanks Romeo now get back to work."

He hates being told what to do and I do it to him constantly just to get the rise out of him. It's to easy to get under his skin but hey that's what brothers are for.

"Whatever." He replied before the phone goes dead.

No goodbye, how rude of him.

I smirk a little when he texts me "don't expect a goodbye."

He's a big softy at heart, sometimes it scares me how much we have in common but I guess that it comes from our father.

I still remember when he died, Romeo took it the hardest and Leo was just a baby.

Our mother left us after but she was never around anyway, it was all left to dad to take care of us and supply money.

All our needs were supplied by dad.

So I had to step up and raise them, it was hard but everything happens for a reason and I'm happy that it brought us together.

It made us stronger in the long run.