Chapter 12

A N T O N I O

Today is the day, maxs first day of school. I think I'm more nervous then her because during the tour I was trying to read her the whole time.

I just want to make sure she likes the school before I decide anything.

She is hard to read but she assured me that she liked the place and wanted to go.

I made it a point to Leo to watch her and make sure she doesn't get into trouble. I trusted her but the things I found in her past are a little concerning.

When I found out about her theift, I was surprised but I got it she had a hard life and you do what you need to.

I just wanted to make it clear that I wouldn't tolerate that type of behavior now that she's living with me, I would give her anything she wants.

It's surreal that I'm a dad I still can't get over it, I have a kid in school.

I haven't been able to focus on paper work for the last hour just thinking about Max makes me nervous.

But its a good kind of nervous, like I was meant to have her. That's weird to say but the truth is I love it.

My brothers have always been around but theres this small void that's been there ever since dad died, a void that max filled.

It happend out of nowhere but I wouldn't want it any other way.

Our relationship hasn't progressed yet but I'm patient, I hope she knows how much I would do for her.

I would do anything.

M A X

I got hit by a football, the first day of school and this shit happens.

I must have the worst luck.

I'm in the nurses office now getting a ice pack while the boy that hit me is across from me sitting there with a sheepish face, I would like to punch that face.

"There you go, I don't see any bruise so your good." The nurse smiles slightly but she quickly walks away when I roll my eyes and take the ice pack on my eye.

"So, I'm really sorry about this." The guy says while scratching the back of his head.

I send him a glare and stand up, I better just walk away before I say and do something that will most likely get me suspended.

Apparently this guy has a death wish because he continues to follow me out the door, "I could show you to your classes if you want."

I ignore him while walking, I just want him to go away.

"I'm really sorry really it was an accident but don't ignore me, I could really help you."

I sigh and turn around to look at him.

"An accident? You threw a football at my face," I say pointing at my red eye.

He winces at my face like it's hard to look at, which only makes me angrier. "I didn't mean to throw it at your face."

He sighs "listen I'm not great at football but I'm trying to make it up to you."

"Fine whatever, but only if it's going to get you to leave me alone." I grit my teeth as he shows me to each of my classes through the day.

I'm not in the mood to make small talk.

School is the worst.

Why didn't anyone tell me?

On top of all the homework I have to do, I don't understand half of the information. I suppose I can blame the orphanages but the truth is it's my fault.

I was the one to blame, some people are born smart while I was behind.

Would I ever fit in anywhere?

Probably not.

I was always going to be behind. No matter where I go or what I do this empty feeling will always be there.

 No matter where I go or what I do this empty feeling will always be there