Chapter 25

M A X

I open the door to find Romeo standing there with a small, awkward smile, I looked at him in surprise, not expecting to see him at my bedroom door.

It's almost bed time and he was mostly silent at the dinner table today.

Antonio and I have grown to have a small relationship, I wouldn't call it a perfect one but we are still getting to know each other.

I know it takes time and we are giving each other space, it's a mutual and respectful relationship.

I'm still not used to seeing them all everyday but I'm getting there.

"Hey Max, I wanted to apologize for the way I acted when you first arrived."

I'm utterly speechless.

"This whole situation is just a little weird."

"I understand, it's all hard for me as well." Despite the rocky first meeting, I meant what I said.

He nods and gives me an awkward half smile, "well Leo and I are having a movie night in the theater room if you want to join."

I'm surprised at this, but I don't decline.

If Leo's there I wouldn't mind joining, maybe he can tell me more about Scott or whatever, I'm not interested in Scott I just want to know who those guys were that bullied him.

After what happened no one bothered giving me any details, which frustrated me but maybe I can ask Leo when he's not expecting it.

"Come on then, we'll let you pick the movie if you want."

We walk together into the theater room, it's huge like a actual theater.

Romeo has a smug smile on his face and of course he opens his mouth, "impressive right?"

I laugh slightly, I think I like this side of Romeo better. He seems more comfortable and actually has a sense of humor.

I feel like things are looking up and I feel a big sense of comfort. Like I actually belong here.

"Maybe a little."

I smile as leo comes in with a big bowl of popcorn, lots of candy and sodas for us, he smiles wide as he struggles to carry it all but before I can help he's sitting down and getting comfortable.

Leo has no problem with making himself comfortable and getting into a position that he likes with all of his snacks around.

"Are we getting the movie started or what?"

Romeo rolls his eyes but we both sit on each side of him and while Romeo looks through the movies, I bring my hand up to grab a red twizzler.

Leo snaps it out of the way and I scowl at him, "what's that for?"

"No one takes my strawberry twizzlers."

I roll my eyes and quickly steal it, which gives Leo a backlash and I get a glare from him.

"That's the only one your getting."

I laugh devilishly, "we'll see."

He sends daggers my way but that only hightens my laughter.

"Oh just share with her, or I'm telling Antonio." Romeo chimes in and clicks on a rom-com movie and I look back at him in question.

"Are you sure you want to watch this?"

He nods and mutters under his breath, "it's Leo's favorite."

I laugh and look at Leo who is chewing his way through the popcorn bowl, he just shrugs.

"Guys like romance to."

"But it's Romeo's favorite too."

Romeo is quick to disagree, "no it's not."

Leo rolls his eyes and winks at me, leaning in to mutter "yeah it is, he's just to manly to admit it."

A distant voice comes behind us, chiming in on our conversation, "he's right."

I swivel my head around to see Matteo standing in the doorway, his suit clean, his face wears and amused smirk.

Romeo grumbles, "Can you guys just shut up and enjoy the movie?"

Matteo just laughs and joins us, sitting beside me he smiles and studies us all together.

"How was school max?"

"Good." I mumble because Leo snaps his head in my direction his eyes slightly widen but give me a certain look, It can only mean he wants me to keep quiet about what happened.

If Matteo noticed he didn't show it.

"That's good, I hope your settling in."

I nod and turn my attention to the movie now.

Matteo doesn't take his eyes off us though, "this movie is pg right?"

Leo nods, "obviously, I'm not looking for a death wish from Antonio."

"Speaking of Antonio, where is he?" I ask absent-mindedly but everyones reaction to my question is suspicious.

They all stiffen and Leos eyes widen slightly but he ignores the question and stays watching the movie.

"Don't worry he'll be home soon, just had some paperwork to take care of." Matteo smiles and now he eyes the big screen.

I laugh slightly, "well you all kinda of got weird, it's ok if he has a girlfriend or something I don't really care."

Leo snorts and Romeo and Matteo share a look.

Matteo chuckles a little, "no Antonio doesn't date and your more important then anything right now."

I nod and accept his answer.

"Well if he did, I won't care so you guys don't need to hide anything."

Silence passes over but I can secretly see the eyes that connect.

They are all hiding some things. I don't know how to feel about that.

There's this nagging feeling that I shouldn't figure it out.

But as always my curiosity wins out and I will find out.

My mind is made up already.

I'm going to discover everyone's secrets.