Chapter 15

A N T O N I O

I wake up to the sound of my phone alarm going off, that could only mean one thing the cameras I set outside of maxs room have went off.

I tried to trust her I really did but there's certain measures you have to take when it comes to teenagers.

I don't have time to check when a alarm to the safe goes off.

How did she know about that?

I pray she didn't catch the gun I had saved in there as well.

I hurry out of bed grabbing my phone and quickly rushing towards her room, she's already gone.

Fuck, this kid is going to get herself into so much trouble. She really reminds me of Leo I wish she'd take more after me but I was never this reckless.

I'm starting to get a panic feeling in my chest when I look through the rooms and there's stuff missing. Did she really think she could steal from me and I wouldn't notice?

I didn't want to call my brothers but we needed to find her before she does something really stupid.

A sigh of relief comes from me, Lucky she didn't find any of the guns, there all still hidden away in the same place.

I decided against my better judgement and texted everyone a sos with max missing I wasn't going to risk her safety even if she didn't like it. I'm furious, I'm done treating her like a sibling I am her father and it's time she start treating me like one.

I try to calm myself while driving and remember that she's just a kid, they make mistakes all the time.

She's just a kid.

She's just a kid.

She's just a kid.

A kid that's in a lot of trouble.

As I drive I'm careful now to watch out for her, she had to go on foot so she couldn't have gotten far but that's when a horrible thought strikes me. What if she ran off with that boy?

She couldn't if she wanted to, I will always find her even if she tries to run.

I snap my gaze to a few people walking the streets but max is nowhere in sight. Just when I'm about to give up and try somewhere else Leo calls.

"Did you find her?" I ask through gritted teeth.

"Yeah but I had to get her to the hospital, she has a few scraps. Don't worry it's nothing serious there just giving her stitches." He informs me but I zone out when he mentioned the hospital.

"I'll be there." I say and hang up right away. I don't care if I'm speeding I just need to get to her.

My mind fills with many possibilities but the only thing I really need to know is what happened and why.

Leo wouldn't lie, I trust that she's ok which is the most important thing right now.

L E O N A R D O

"Max please just let the doctor do the stitches." I have to practically beg this girl, she is so stubborn reminds me of Antonio.